04-12-2013 09:09 PM
54 123
tools
    Do you guys think when facebook announced it would work with the One X we were included (HTC EVO LTE owners...)?

Also, is anyone going to use it? I watched the liveblog and it looks like I'm going to try it, just to see what it's all about. It might be a pretty cool thing.
    04-04-2013 12:58 PM
    What do you mean by asking if "we were included"?
    04-04-2013 01:03 PM
    Honestly, I am not really interested in further Facebook integration into my phone. However, I like the look of the Chatheads feature and wouldn't mind checking that out. Also surprised that the Nexus was not a launch device.
    04-04-2013 01:09 PM
    What do you mean by asking if "we were included"?
    Sorry, I'll edit the original post - I originally posted it in the HTC EVO 4G LTE thread and was wondering if the EVO LTE was going to follow the trend with this and be considered an HTC One X even though it is now through the play store and not HTC itself.
    04-04-2013 01:25 PM
    I'm going to check it out on my SGS3, just to try it out for myself. I'm not sure how long it will stay installed though.
    Sophos likes this.
    04-04-2013 01:36 PM
    I'm sure there will be a market for it, but I'm not part of it. I'm a fan of the stock launcher on my Nexus 4, and I don't really care for replacement launchers, much less a Facebook one. I use Facebook, but I don't live on it. I don't really want to. There is also the question of how much battery it will drain if it is constantly updating my Facebook feed.
    04-04-2013 01:42 PM
    Honestly I'm disappointed. Their current app is terrible, no holo ui, no contact syncing, and no tablet mode, and I would of been happy as **** if they just integrated facebook better into android. Now it seems instead of a new app they are offering a product that takes over your phone or tablet. I just watched a video of it in action and I was unimpressed.

It's not facebook integration by any means, it's just a launcher, and a pretty terrible one at that! I think I'm going to actively seek out a better third party app now. Anyone know of any good ones besides friendcaster? Friendcaster is ok but could be better.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    04-04-2013 02:11 PM
    Honestly I'm disappointed. Their current app is terrible, no holo ui, no contact syncing, and no tablet mode, and I would of been happy as **** if they just integrated facebook better into android. Now it seems instead of a new app they are offering a product that takes over your phone or tablet. I just watched a video of it in action and I was unimpressed.

It's not facebook integration by any means, it's just a launcher, and a pretty terrible one at that!
    Agreed, I don't want facebook taking over my homescreens & launcher, I just want a good quality fb app.
    04-04-2013 02:51 PM
    I am not going to be using it myself. Happy with the facebook app, it does what I need it to do. Iam not a crazy Facebook user to begin with and think it's a crazy gimmick that will not last long. For Facebook junkies I can see it being useful.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    nancybout likes this.
    04-04-2013 02:59 PM
    meh. i will pass. if i need to use facebook i will use the app.
    04-04-2013 03:18 PM
    Sorry, I'll edit the original post - I originally posted it in the HTC EVO 4G LTE thread and was wondering if the EVO LTE was going to follow the trend with this and be considered an HTC One X even though it is now through the play store and not HTC itself.
    I'm sure that they will be posted and you can sideload them, or wait for Facebook to make it available to more devices. I have a RAZR MAXX and will be at least trying it so I'm hoping for the option to sideload as well.
    04-04-2013 03:18 PM
    meh. i will pass. if i need to use facebook i will use the app.
    This.

I want less integration with ****** Facebook! I hate it.
    04-04-2013 03:30 PM
    I regret watching the live blog of the whole thing. Really I'm not opposed to the launcher idea, it's unique and some people will eat it up, but it's not for everyone. The current android app is a half assed port of the ios app and desperately needs overhauled. **** it even looks like an ios app, and it's annoying on my Nexus 7 with everything looking like a stretched out phone app, and it's ridiculous I have to use a third party app to sync my contact photos. I'm not opposed to the idea, but they still need a solid stand alone app for everyone else.

04-04-2013 04:50 PM
    I'll give it a shot when they get around to opening it up to my Vivid. But between the FB app and Flipboard, I think I'm covered with FB. Curious to try it though. Hopefully this doesn't mean they pay zero attention to the standalone app though, it still needs work.
    04-04-2013 05:45 PM
    I thought I read HTC One X+, not HTC One X. Doesn't the One X+ come with 2GB RAM?

EDIT: Sorry, One X+ only has 1GB RAM.
    04-04-2013 05:52 PM
    I need to see more about it, but I'll probably give it a whirl after I get my One; my Blinkfeed was likely going to be somewhat FB centric anyway, we'll see how it goes.
    04-04-2013 05:56 PM
    I see no mentions of the Droid DNA or EVO 4G LTE, aren't they part of the one family as well? I may try it out if it ever gets compatible for the DNA but I like the Sense very much, I can always use the app.
    04-04-2013 06:17 PM
    I don't quite get why the nexus 4, you know the flagship android device, isn't getting it at launch. Especially since with no custom ui to get in the way, the nexus 4 would probably perform the best with it.

No I still haven't changed my opinion but just saying.

Sophos likes this.
    04-04-2013 07:38 PM
    I'll try the Launcher but definitely won't keep it as my primary over Nova & not at all interested in HTC's "first".

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    04-04-2013 07:44 PM
    I thought I read HTC One X+, not HTC One X. Doesn't the One X+ come with 2GB RAM?

EDIT: Sorry, One X+ only has 1GB RAM.
    I guess that would make a difference.
    04-04-2013 09:08 PM
    I don't quite get why the nexus 4, you know the flagship android device, isn't getting it at launch. Especially since with no custom ui to get in the way, the nexus 4 would probably perform the best with it.

No I still haven't changed my opinion but just saying.

Because there are a lot more One X's and Galaxy whatevers being sold. Not to mention the N4 undercuts the price of the First a decent amount.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
    04-04-2013 10:09 PM
    I see no mentions of the Droid DNA or EVO 4G LTE, aren't they part of the one family as well? I may try it out if it ever gets compatible for the DNA but I like the Sense very much, I can always use the app.
    And lately I've been reading all these posts about people wanting to buy htc so they have a phone that's more unique and not something everyone else has. And then you read posts like this...

I'm not saying you personally are doing this but htc'ers as a whole are. And the evo lte has pretty much been forgotten by everyone. No one talks about it and htc likes to pretend that it never really happened

Sent from my Note 2
    04-04-2013 10:28 PM
    First is a terrible name, but not surprising seeing how bad htc is with naming products. The phone overall is kinda meh. It's a quality budget phone I guess, but it's also weaker than the n4 and no contract price is $100-150 more depending on which n4 model you want.

Overall I think the first is really the status 2,and will sell just about as poorly.

04-05-2013 03:14 AM
    Thanks everyone really very-informative comments have you given .
    04-05-2013 04:58 AM
    Absolutely have no interest in this. The only thing I even have Facebook still installed on my phone is so Facebook events I'm attending will sync with my calendar widget. Every other feature of the Facebook app is disabled.
    04-05-2013 08:41 AM
54 123