Facebook Chatheads Not Working

bassdj

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys...not sure if this is an S3 specific thing or not so I decided to post in here.
Anyways the new messenger came out today and I wanted to try out chatheads. I install all the updates and everything. Even Facebook home. There is no option to even enable chatheads in my app. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
7a4ety8e.jpg

P.S. Mods if you need to move this, please do!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ColetonAM

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how to solve this, but I have the same problem with my ATT S3. However, the chatheads option in the settings will show up when I'm logged into my girlfriend's account, but it disappears on my account, so it must be some obscure facebook setting. Hopefully this helps narrow it down, and if you find the setting let me know

slave2theaxe

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Anyone figured this out yet? I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times and still no option to enable chat heads. Frustrating to say the least.

Tronstar

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't have Facebook Home, but chat heads is baked into Facebook messenger (most recent version). I have it up and running. To enable, ensure your FB msgr app is up to date; then go to three dot menu>settings>notifications and check "chat heads" at the bottom.

This is working on my Nexus 4 which FB Home does not support, so anyone should be able to get this feature. Let me know if it works for you!

EDIT: I saw OP was actually in FB Messenger, mis read and thought he was trying to get in through home.

Mine shows "Chat heads" directly under "light"

skatopias

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Currently trying to get it to work on my playstore galaxy nexus. No luck avail. Although when I signed into my roomates account it works like a charm which is really odd. I feel as if I've tried everything. It must be a problem with my own account.

Tronstar

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Could this maybe have something to do with privacy settings? Maybe they are set too strict? Wild guess anyways....could explain why it is working with some accounts and not others on the same device.

slave2theaxe

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah...I have no option for it in the settings menu. Weird how some it works for some with the same device but not others. I have a Verizon GNex...no workie for me, but friends with the same phone it works.

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
You have to have an active conversation either via SMS or Facebook chat to have the heads appear when you are in another app.

I have a stock s3 on att.

Try this.

Open an app
Try sending yourself an message from another phone.
When you get that message, open it in Facebook messenger
After opening it, go back to your previous app or open another one.
You will notice the head on your screen until you manually remove it.

Hope this helps

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Just to add, I can still have the Facebook chat bubble head even if Facebook home is not running.

So I have touch wiz with Facebook messages with bobble head.

Just FYI.

I don't like the fact that it takes a lot of touches for me to get to the phone app or camera app when my app list is not on then first page. But I really like the chat bubble head.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys...not sure if this is an S3 specific thing or not so I decided to post in here.
Anyways the new messenger came out today and I wanted to try out chatheads. I install all the updates and everything. Even Facebook home. There is no option to even enable chatheads in my app. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/13/7a4ety8e.jpg

P.S. Mods if you need to move this, please do!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

It would seem you don't have the updated app? Of course that sounds silly I know, but as you're missing the "Chat Heads" option entirely I can't imagine what else the issue would be. Go back one screen (just to the settings of the Messenger app), what version are you running (under the About label). I have Chat Heads and I'm version 2.4.2 (Nexus 4).

slave2theaxe

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It would seem you don't have the updated app? Of course that sounds silly I know, but as you're missing the "Chat Heads" option entirely I can't imagine what else the issue would be. Go back one screen (just to the settings of the Messenger app), what version are you running (under the About label). I have Chat Heads and I'm version 2.4.2 (Nexus 4).

No we have the updated app. It's an issue with Facebook, not with the app or the device. I can log in with my wife's account and the chat heads work, but when I log out and log back in using my account, they don't work and the option is not even available in the settings menu.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tender

Jan 13, 2010
terpconnect.umd.edu
I have 3 Android devices and chat heads only works on 1. It works on my Verizon GSIII, but not on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus or Nexus 10. At first I thought it was an account thing, slowing be rolled out by Facebook, but since it works on 1 device and not the others, now I don't know what to think. I guess Facebook deserves the 2 star rating for their new Home app. #meh

slave2theaxe

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I have 3 Android devices and chat heads only works on 1. It works on my Verizon GSIII, but not on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus or Nexus 10. At first I thought it was an account thing, slowing be rolled out by Facebook, but since it works on 1 device and not the others, now I don't know what to think. I guess Facebook deserves the 2 star rating for their new Home app. #meh

But it can't be device related either since I can log into different accounts on the same device and some accounts work while others don't...this is strange.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Micah Baird

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
It was working for a night on my S4 but the it just stop working. It use to show the heads when I was on my home screen. This morning they show for a second and then go away. If someone text you of messengers you when you are in another app they stay up but quickly go away.

I am not sure what to do as I have uninstalled it twice but nothing seems to work. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Tomhlord

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi there

I have a shiny new Nexus 5. Facebook Chat Heads are simply not working on it for SMS. Despite every setting on Facebook messenger saying Chat Heads are 'On' and it will be used for my default SMS, Hangouts over-rides it.

I know that Hangouts is the default for SMS on KitKat 4.4, however The Verge said I could still use 3rd party apps for texts.

Anyone know where I am going wrong please?

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
it was working for a night on my s4 but the it just stop working. It use to show the heads when i was on my home screen. This morning they show for a second and then go away. If someone text you of messengers you when you are in another app they stay up but quickly go away.

I am not sure what to do as i have uninstalled it twice but nothing seems to work. Anyone have any ideas on this?

i have the dame problem! Do anyone know how to fix this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith