Facebook app not showing the option to delete or edit a comment or post

chloe_xox

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and I do not have the option to edit or delete a comment or a post whilst using the app. I have un-installed it and re-installed it today and still nothing.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you long-pressing your comment? That brings up the editing options for me. I have found that if I just entered the comment, I may not be able to access those options. I may have to exit that comment thread, then go back into it, then long-press the comment again.

chloe_xox

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Thank you :) I didn't realise I could long press a comment.

That works for me though :)

Thank you again :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Michael Icefire

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I just got my first Android tablet yesterday, and am having some issues on FB with it. First, what is "Long Pressing" a comment?

And, the issue I am having, when I use the virtual keyboard for any other app, it has a "done" button, like the enter button on a PC, to enter text or comments, etc. While on my new tablet (Nobis 7850 running A 4.4), That button is gone. So after I type in my reply to a comment, how do I get it to post? No "post" button on the screen, no "done" or "Enter" button on the keyboard....What am I missing here. On my Ipod, it always had a way to get things to enter...Thanks

Max Keefe

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I have a galaxy note 3, latest software as of 6/18/15...latest fb mobile app.

Long pressing comments wasn't doing anything, so I played around with it and found that long pressing it with 2 fingers worked for mine. Odd.

Ateek Hashmi

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
VERY SIMPLE SOLUTION.... TAP N HOLD WITH TWO FINGERS AT THE COMMENT THEN THE OPTION OF '' EDIT, DELETE '' WILL POP UP... CHEERS!!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel