Why am I getting a Facebook notification without the app installed?

A

AC Question

Facebook notification without the app installed

Hi,

I have not installed facebook app or the messenger app from facebook on my samsung galaxy e5.

How can i stop it please help.

If i click on the notification it opens the browser window and goes to facebook.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers,
Ben

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Facebook notification without the app installed

Hi and welcome to Android Central. :)

Sounds like you have logged into the mobile website version. It can still push notifications. Check the settings when you click on it next. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Stepa1007

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Facebook notification without the app installed

Hi

I have the same problem as guest above.
Have completely uninstalled the FB app but still get loads of notifications.

Necromantica

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I've just been having this exact problem, but I've figured out how to stop it from happening again...

1. Open up the mobile version of the FaceBook page in your browser.
  2. Click on the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner of the page.
  3. Scroll down and tap on "Account settings".
  4. Tap on "Notifications".
  5. Tap on "Mobile".
  6. Tap the "Turn off" button and you're done. No more annoying whistles in the middle of the night :).

androidcolors

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
it can be two things
1- you have already logged in to your facebook account in your browser. In this case, you have to delete the cookies of facebook in your browser or disable notifications from the mobile site

2- you have already installed the facebook app and when you have delete it from your device, it must be some packages that have not been deleted may be. Try to check out in the app settings on your device

MiguelAMunoz

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem. I briefly went to facebook Chrome, and it immediately asked my permission to install some facebook notification tool. I did NOT give permission, and I never installed the facebook app, but I still got facebook notifications. They kept coming even after I restarted my Android! So it must have installed some service without my permission. Does anyone know how to uninstall it? I managed to turn the notifications off, but I don't what that service running on my phone. Does anyone know how to uninstall it?

(Here's how I managed to turn the notifications off. I touched a notification and noticed a settings button. That has a checkbox that let me turn notification off.)

Also, how do I notify Android that there's a bug in their installer that lets things get installed without my permission?

MiguelAMunoz

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
I just managed to delete my facebook cookie, which may have been the culprit. I went into Chrome Settings:
Settings -> Site Settings -> Storage
This took me to a list of cookies. From there it was easy to find the facebook cookie and delete it..

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe