Why doesn't the send button work on a text or on FB messenger?

A

AC Question

the send button doesnt work on a text or on fb messenger?

The keyboard is acting strange but everything else is fine. The send button wont work, which means the log in button and also cant search the internet.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: the send button doesnt work on a text or on fb messenger?

What keyboard are you using? Go into system settings > applications > sort by all > keyboard (name of keyboard app) > clear cache. See if that helps - let us know if it does. By the way, welcome to the forums!

Esperobb

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site

What keyboard are you using? Go into system settings > applications > sort by all > keyboard (name of keyboard app) > clear cache. See if that helps - let us know if it does. By the way, welcome to the forums!

I have the same issues as well .
Facebook messenger, line app and other apps that has send button .... help !!!!!

This isn't Samsung keyboard issue. Whatever the input method I use on Galaxy s7 even Google keyboard or swift key have same issue.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

I have the same issues as well .
Facebook messenger, line app and other apps that has send button .... help !!!!!

This isn't Samsung keyboard issue. Whatever the input method I use on Galaxy s7 even Google keyboard or swift key have same issue.
I would suggest clearing the Facebook Application Cache: System Settings > Applications > Facebook

weldertype

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
My S5 started doing this the other day as well. It seems to be a keyboard issue. If I am texting and hit the send button, it simply won't send. I have to write the text and then back out so that the keyboard disappears. Only then can I send my text. Same for Facebook.

ayobosayo

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I also had the same problem with my galaxy 6 phone. I would have to restart my phone, and then my send button would work. The only way I could text is to back space my keyboard out of view and use the send button in the bottom corner. It was an issue for both texting and Facebook messenger. I thought it had to do with the placement of the send button or a system error after the recent update I had.

Has anyone found a solution to this issue?

lovemybigfamily

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I also had the same problem with my galaxy 6 phone. I would have to restart my phone, and then my send button would work. The only way I could text is to back space my keyboard out of view and use the send button in the bottom corner. It was an issue for both texting and Facebook messenger. I thought it had to do with the placement of the send button or a system error after the recent update I had.

Has anyone found a solution to this issue?

This is happening to me on my galaxy s5 and my daughter's s3. And from looking around the web, it appears to be a new problem for many of us. I haven't seen any solutions yet.

Roussy13

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
This is happening to me on my galaxy s5 and my daughter's s3. And from looking around the web, it appears to be a new problem for many of us. I haven't seen any solutions yet.

Yes. Same issue on my s6 started about 4 days ago. I thought it was an app at first, but Uninstaller made no differencs. At first, restarting the phone helped, but not today. Just noticed the same issue with Facebook this morning.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Have you checked if the problem persists after booting into safe mode?

fahadullah

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site

The keyboard is acting strange but everything else is fine. The send button wont work, which means the log in button and also cant search the internet.

Exactly same issue. Problem started about 4-6 days back. Restarting the phone solves the problem. Nexus 6P on latest version.

Milkman0923

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site

Exactly same issue. Problem started about 4-6 days back. Restarting the phone solves the problem. Nexus 6P on latest version.

I have an LG G5 and I have recently started to have the same issue have not found a fix for it yet

vorhis

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I have an LG V10 (Verizon). After a recent update (VS99023A) that was applied on 7/28/16, I have this same problem. I found that if you change the orientation of the phone from portrait to landscape, you can click Send.

vorhis

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Wow...any of you LG users, try this:
Settings > Language & Input > LG Keyboard > Keyboard height and layout > Keyboard height

Move the height down slightly...this fixed it for me (Text, Facebook, Google Hangouts)

khouse1770

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my text messages and when sending or posting in FB...just started about 3-4 days ago, thought it was my phone, but now not sure. In texting i have to hit the back button so the screen removes the keyboard and then i can hit send...Anyone have any clues as to why this is happening and what we can do about it. Very frustrating...

brosk

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Same exact problem. Started 4 days ago. Seems to be a keyboard issue. I'm using swiftkey but it seems like it is universal.

HELP!

Kathiel711

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Well, my S7 is only a month old. I called Samsung and they want me to send the phone back to them so that they can diagnose the problem. The problem is, that every once in a while it WILL work correctly. I hate to wipe my phone, send it to them and have them tell me there's nothing wrong with it..I am fortunate that I kept my S5 so that if I do send the new phone back, I won't be without one.

subsystem

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I have a Sam. S7 edge on AT&T. I have been having the same issues, unable to send text or FB msgs. This started when my phone updated 7/28/2016. I tapped lightly around the edge of the button, only to find that it will work closer to the inside edge of the button. I opened "Memo" and selected the "drawing" option only to find that if I tap in that area that it does not "draw" or place dots in that area of the phone, I can "feel" out the edge of the dead space by tapping around. I have also discovered that I can Draw threw the "dead" area and create lines. after a restart of my phone everything works perfectly fine. I am speculating that it may have something to do with the advanced text messaging features and/or when switching between WIFI calling and network connection. I am still trying to rule a few things out, but If I find anything new I will update you on my findings.