Hello! I have a Note 2 with 4.4.2 and I have Facebook and Facebook Messenger apps installed. I have force-stopped them repeatedly, but a little later I'll get notifications from them is someone mentions me in a post or sends me an IM in Facebook. I used an app to prevent them from autostarting then shut down and restarted my phone, but they still give me notifications after I've restarted--I force stop them again, and I still get notifications from them.

Obviously the notifications would stop if I removed them, but I will want to use them from time to time.

How do they keep starting up? Is there any way I can prevent this?
    12-09-2015 10:06 AM
    The apps do have notification settings in both of their settings.... with the option of turning them off so you don't get anything. Facebook is BRUTAL if you let it notify you the way it wants to... it is always tops on the list of biggest battery drains, and everyone else is a distant second.
    The apps do have notification settings in both of their settings.... with the option of turning them off so you don't get anything. Facebook is BRUTAL if you let it notify you the way it wants to... it is always tops on the list of biggest battery drains, and everyone else is a distant second.
    12-09-2015 10:31 AM