Why are Facebook pages not loading on the FB Android app?

A

AC Question

About 2 weeks ago, FB pages suddenly stopped loading on my Galaxy Tab when using the Facebook Android app. I get the top part of the page but all of the "content" below it never loads- just a constant spinny wheel. Personal profiles or "pages" have not been affected- I can view those fine. It only affects FB Pages for groups, companies, sports, etc. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, checked for updates and cleared the cache. I also contacted FB support which was about as useful as asking my cats. I should also point out that I can view the affected pages on a browser on my tablet just fine. The problem is only with the app. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I just tried Straight Talk's page on a Note 3 - nothing out of the ordinary. If it hasn't cleared up for you by now, I'd suspect a change in your wifi setup (TKIP encryption kills the speed of pictures and videos on the FB app for some reason with some Android devices) or an update to the Facebook app (I'm running version 61).

techsaffy

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
About 2 weeks ago, FB pages suddenly stopped loading on my Galaxy Tab when using the Facebook Android app. I get the top part of the page but all of the "content" below it never loads- just a constant spinny wheel. Personal profiles or "pages" have not been affected- I can view those fine. It only affects FB Pages for groups, companies, sports, etc. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, checked for updates and cleared the cache. I also contacted FB support which was about as useful as asking my cats. I should also point out that I can view the affected pages on a browser on my tablet just fine. The problem is only with the app. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Just wondering did you manage to resolve this if so how? I'm experiencing the same problems on my new phone Samsung S7.
Thanks for any help!

Gama66

May 29, 2017
Visit site
I just tried Straight Talk's page on a Note 3 - nothing out of the ordinary. If it hasn't cleared up for you by now, I'd suspect a change in your wifi setup (TKIP encryption kills the speed of pictures and videos on the FB app for some reason with some Android devices) or an update to the Facebook app (I'm running version 61).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emoney86