Hi all,

I've just bought a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge running Marshmallow and have installed the Facebook app. I've figured out how to turn notification sounds on but I don't have any Facebook related notification sound files to choose from - only the generic Samsung tones.

I can't seem to find an answer as to why online, but I'm trying to fix the issue rather than just source and download the correct tone because:

A.) I don't know what the right tone is at the moment
    B.) The few tones I have downloaded don't have the correct volume and are much quieter than my other notifications.

Any advice?

03-28-2016 04:30 PM
    The Facebook app, to the best of my knowledge, doesn't come with any preloaded notification sounds. Only the Messenger app does.
    03-28-2016 04:47 PM
    How strange. I think I must just be imagining things because my old Windows phone came with various notification sounds for Facebook and Whatsapp (Official ones); but these weren't the same apps as are available on Android; they were lesser in functionality and performance but presumably came pre-loaded with official notification sounds, unlike the android versions.
    03-28-2016 07:40 PM
    Can't speak for the Windows Pone versions, but from a few months ago (actually, nearly a year) since Facebook split the messaging capabilities into the Messenger app and removed it from the Facebook app (for a while they co-existed), the only dedicated notifications are found in Messenger. I can't recall any Whatsapp-specific notifications, though. I have it, but since it's one of the very first apps I install, I can't really recall if any of the notification sounds I have come from it or not; nothing that says 'Whatsapp' anyway.
    03-29-2016 08:29 AM
    Yeah my Messenger app still has dedicated Messenger notifications, and the 2 apps were split on my Windows phone, but Facebook notifications such as comments on pictures etc also had a tone, and the android phone doesn't seem to have them

I've downloaded one off YouTube but the volume is much lower than my other notification sounds
    03-29-2016 09:02 AM
    I have the opposite problem with most sound files downloaded from Zedge; they're usually too loud!

Also, I just checked and I do have a 'Facebook Pop' notification sound, and I think that's the same in-app sound when making a comment or liking something.
    03-29-2016 09:34 AM
    Facebook Pop is the old 'new chat message received' tone before Facebook Messenger; it's not the same as receiving a notification on the website unfortunately
    03-30-2016 08:23 AM