Facebook account issue

ichikiriyama

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
This is an issue that my mother in law is having. I promised her I would have a think about it but I'm stumped. I should say that my mother in law is in her 70's and is not tech-savvy at all. She uses Facebook to look at family photos etc but has no real idea about the way it works. I should also say that she had taken some steps to rectify her issue that I was not present for and am taking her word for most of what has happened. If you haven't already fallen asleep, hers the issue:

She normally accesses her Facebook account on her ipad application. She states that a few days ago she was asked to log in when she opened the app (possibly after an update?). She entered her email address which is a @hotmail.co.uk address. She states that her password wasn't recognised and that she had to reset it. She did the usual 'forgot password' steps from the app and changed her password. When she logs in for the first time after the password change, she is taken to a profile in her name but has no friends, no photos absolutely nothing except her very basic info.

Upon searching for her profile using the name on Facebook, there appear to be 2 accounts - her older, original account and this other empty account with just very basic info.

I had initially thought that she must have, at some point, accidentally created a new Facebook profile but she is convinced that she hasn't. Now at the login screen her @hotmail.co.uk is her username for this new, empty account and she has no access to the original account. She says that she has never had a different email address and so doesn't now know which email is linked to her original account.

I thought that at some point she must have had a different email address for her original account but having trawled through her @hotmail.co.uk inbox, there are email notifications from her original Facebook account to the hotmail account.

I've been racking my brain and I've got to say that I'm totally stumped.

Apologies for the length of this post but any help would be appreciated.

ichikiriyama

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
After trawling the Facebook help sections, I can see no other users with this issue. There also doesn't appear to be anyway to contact Facebook directly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20