Action deemed abusive? What?

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I just started receiving this and can't like, comment, post status updates or upload photos. Is this a bug? I've done nothing wrong that I know of.

Thank you.
fba81ccc04827dec06d34452a84d7b9c.jpg

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I never attempted looking at the site. I was checking the log today and found this post from Facebook about the ban:

It looks like you've used Facebook on a computer, phone or tablet that may be affected by malware. We're temporarily limiting your activity on the affected device to keep your account secure while we try to fix the problem. In the meantime, you can keep using Facebook as usual on your current device.

When I was FB jailed, I was using my tablet over Barnes and Noble wifi. Could that have something to do with it? What makes FB think they can detect malware on a person's computer/device?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is something I've never run into before. Do these messages appear on your Facebook wall itself, or are they popup warnings?

What happens when you tap "More Info" on that first warning message?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When I was FB jailed, I was using my tablet over Barnes and Noble wifi. Could that have something to do with it? What makes FB think they can detect malware on a person's computer/device?

I suppose someone could have hacked your account and started posting crazy stuff on your behalf. Are you able to look at your recent posts?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Keep trying to contact a person at FB support. That's probably how you'll have to resolve this.

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I was able to start using Facebook again after 6 PM on Sunday. The reason given was because they said they detected malware on my tablet. I ran MBAM on it and nothing less detected.