My service is with Metro PCS. I have an Alcatel Flerce 4, model 5056N phone. On the 4th of July I let my nephew put Facebook on my phone so we could contact someone in our group. To find out were in the park the group was.
    Now I am been over run with Facebook notifications and I don't know how to stop it. I deleted Facebook and the Facebook IM app's from my phone and I went into Facebook it self and turned off the "send notifications to the cell phone". But the notifications keep coming. I don't use Facebook that much. There is a few Facebook groups that I belong to. But nothing important enough to have the notifications taking up memory space on my phone. How do I stop the Facebook notifications short of doing a hard factory reset and then reinstalling everything?

Steve
    07-31-2017 04:05 AM
    Welcome to Android Central.
    Are you sure you don't have Facebook Messenger Installed? If you are certain everything is uninstalled you most likely have to go into your Facebook Account and check your notification settings for mobile and disable anything going to your phone.
    07-31-2017 06:54 AM
    Yes I dbl checked and Facebook Messenger is not on the phone and I dbl checked Facebook it self. I dbl checked the notification settings for mobile and they are disabled. After doing the dbl checks there hasn't been any more Facebook notifications on my phone so far. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Welcome to Android Central.
    Are you sure you don't have Facebook Messenger Installed? If you are certain everything is uninstalled you most likely have to go into your Facebook Account and check your notification settings for mobile and disable anything going to your phone.
    07-31-2017 01:15 PM
    Yes I dbl checked and Facebook Messenger is not on the phone and I dbl checked Facebook it self. I dbl checked the notification settings for mobile and they are disabled. After doing the dbl checks there hasn't been any more Facebook notifications on my phone so far. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    Let us know if it persists
    07-31-2017 01:24 PM
    Mike It is still doing it. I just got a Facebook notification on my phone a few minutes ago. The amount of notifications that I am getting on my phone have gone down quite a bit. This is the 1st notification that I have gotten today so far.

Let us know if it persists
    07-31-2017 08:04 PM
    Mike It is still doing it. I just got a Facebook notification on my phone a few minutes ago. The amount of notifications that I am getting on my phone have gone down quite a bit. This is the 1st notification that I have gotten today so far.
    Try going into you Google Chrome Settings

Settings- Site Settings-Notifications
    07-31-2017 08:48 PM
    If facebook is allowed click on it and block
    07-31-2017 08:49 PM
    Done. Now only time will tell.

If facebook is allowed click on it and block
    08-01-2017 01:51 AM