Facebook location not showing up on my Galaxy S9

TravisL839

May 8, 2018
Visit site
I have the Galaxy S9. I have all of my location settings on for Facebook because I travel a lot and I like the current city to show up on my posts. My location used to show up on my posts in gray font on my posts. Then suddenly it stopped. I checked all my settings on both Facebook and my phone and they all appear to be where they need to be. If I click the location button on Facebook to "Check In," the current city will show on the bottom in a gray box, but will not attach to my post. I've tried checking in several times to see if it will help, and nothing. Facebook has updated several times since then, but it's still not working. Thoughts?

TravisL839

May 8, 2018
Visit site
Nope. It's been almost two months now. Facebook has updated, I've reset literally everything. It's just wicked annoying. I travel a ton and like to go back and see my posts to make recommendations. I've also tried contacting Facebook and they never answered. All my settings are on. Location shows up on Twitter and Instagram, but not FB. I still see the current city when I click the location pin like i'm going to check in, but it doesn't attach to the post. Even if I click it. So irritated.

nds76

Dec 31, 2017
Visit site
You are not alone. I'm having the same issue with my Galaxy S7 and my iPad. I think it may be a Facebook thing. All my location settings on my devices are on and they are on in my Facebook settings. I've tried everything. I can't seem to find any answers. All the things I have seen from Google searches are old ways that don't work anymore because Facebook is a lot different now than it was then. It's VERY frustrating. I too like to have my location attached to my posts. What I did do was download an older version of Facebook and it does show my location on my S7. So basically I can never upgrade it or I will lose that ability. I would like to use my WIFI but if I do my apps will update w/o my permission, including Facebook. Right now on my other Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 I have the newest version of Facebook. No location. I click "check in" and a list comes up and doesn't even have my current location in a grey box at the bottom of the list anymore. No grey box at all. I am wondering if Facebook is phasing out posting locations?