Facebook app suddenly won't work this morning on S2

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Galaxy tab sm-t-710. says all software is up to date. not rooted. this morning, no matter what I've tried so far, facebook crashes. I've cleaned cache, cleaned data (in app facbook). Uninstalled twice, run device manager to clean up device, rebooted probaby 15 times. I see 19 issues in the issues list, but can't open any to see what the issue is. I've searched for log files. I've downloaded different file managers to see if I can find log files. Nothing so far. Got any ideas? I didn't have any outstanding updates to either tablet or facebook. It just stopped working this morning.

emt14320

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I had done those but missed step one which is why I could never understand them. Now I have completed them but there is no change. FB still closes immediately with the 'Facebook has stopped' message

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you have Chrome installed, make sure it's the latest version. If it already is, then as a test, try uninstalling all updates to Chrome. Sometimes, an update to Android System Webview (which is handled by Chrome on Nougat and above) can cause glitches in certain devices.

emt14320

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
reverted to factory version (it said) version 64.0.3282.137. Rebooted, no change. Uninstalled FB. Rebooted. Reinstalled FB. It asks me to log in, but as soon as it goes to the next screen, it still aborts.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, not sure what's going on. It'd be a hassle, but the next step might be to uninstall apps one by one, in case some app you recently installed or updated introduced some kind of incompatibility with Facebook that's causing it to crash.

emt14320

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Well, so far no luck. At this rate, I'll have nothing left. I did notice, however, that if someone sends me a share from FB to my messenger app, I can open it in FB on the tablet. This seems weird. I got excited the first time and thought my woes were fixed, only to be disappointed when I couldn't move around FB from the share and facebook still wouldn't open. I'm about to wipe the whole tablet (when I get my photos off) and start over. Thanks for your suggestions though. If wiping it and starting over doesn't work, I'll just buy a new one :D. Yeah, lack of FB is a good reason to spend ~$1000 I don't have. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34