I want to delete Facebook altogether but I need my messenger app to be able to communicate with friends and family.

I know that if I deactivate my Facebook account I can continue to use my Messenger without issue using the Messenger app. However, I don't like the idea of having a "parked" dormant Facebook account (which essentially is what deactivation is),

I know that Messenger for Android allows the ability to use multiple accounts.

What I want to do is this..

Create a brand new Messenger account and import the contacts I have in my existing account linked to Facebook. Then when that new account is up and running, proceed to completely delete Facebook.

Any idea on how to move those contacts in messenger to a new Messenger account?

Thank you in advance to all that take the time to reply.
    11-26-2019 10:46 AM
    First you cannot have Messenger without Facebook so even if you attempt to create a new Messenger account you can't without a Facebook profile.

So your options are simple;

Create a fake Facebook account request Messenger through that to all of the people who you want to still communicate with, this will mean that they see your fake account, you won't be friends on Facebook because you're just requesting Messenger contact.

Unfriend everyone on Facebook, deactivate your account and turn your privacy settings up to the max. You should still have Messenger service with them because even though the two apps are connected they are separate. Yeah stupid. Turning up your privacy settings will essentially make your account invisible. If only friends of friends can request you on Facebook and you have no friends then guess what, yeah like that.

Take down all of your pics, archive your posts and turn your security settings up to the max. The way Facebook is designed you don't see all of your friends posts anyway so you will fade away from your friends timeline and unless they really miss you they'll go on like nothing ever happened, probably oblivious that they're not seeing any posts from you. Isn't Facebook great. You'll still have your Messenger.

Final option, tell Zuckerberg to take his millions from selling everything he knows about you, including your likeness, thanks for posting those pics, all of the fake and BS stuff they spread to twist and skew your view of the world and shove it up his All Saints are Sinners and just quit it all. Truthfully in my opinion this is the best option. No fake, no drama, no concern if you are hurting someone's feelings, no one hurting your feelings (if you're built like that) and best of all you stop missing it after about week.

Best wishes
    drfever likes this.
    11-26-2019 08:00 PM
    lol … you've pretty much nailed all the reasons why I've decided to leave Facebook

Cheers!
    11-27-2019 01:19 PM
    Or delete your Facebook profile and get your friends and family to use something else.
    11-27-2019 01:46 PM