"Open with" appears when closing pages

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

For some reason ever since the latest update when I'm scrolling through Facebook and open an article whenever I try to go back to the home a prompt comes up asking "open with" and lists random apps and at the bottom asks "just once" or "always" and of course Facebook is not an app I can choose from and it is really annoying. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any way around this?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: "Open with" appears when closing pages

Force stop did not work, and reinstall did not work. Anyone have any new ideas?
Try to uninstall the update for face book by long press the app tap info and 3 dots upper right corner and dont let play store update it , check that version will work?

Last edited:

alinvain

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Which phone and Android version are you using? Does it make any difference if you exit Facebook with home or back?

I'm using a Galaxy S10 Plus running 9 (Pie). This happens only when using the back button to return to Facebook from a link in the app. It also interrupts any streaming I might have running such as TuneIn. I have to return to TuneIn and tap the play button to resume.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm using a Galaxy S10 Plus running 9 (Pie). This happens only when using the back button to return to Facebook from a link in the app. It also interrupts any streaming I might have running such as TuneIn. I have to return to TuneIn and tap the play button to resume.
Have you tried changing the way Facebook open those links? I don't use it but in most apps there's a setting to select if you want to open the web pages in the app or with a browser. Search for this option in the FB app and see if changing the selection makes any difference.

alinvain

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried changing the way Facebook open those links? I don't use it but in most apps there's a setting to select if you want to open the web pages in the app or with a browser. Search for this option in the FB app and see if changing the selection makes any difference.

So far, this solution seems to be working. Thank you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca