Extended Battery

idkmybffjill

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
This shows the replacement cover for the extended battery. It looks like it will give the Fascinate quite a baby-bump. I was really hoping they had pulled off a more powerful battery in the same form factor. I guess I'll just have to keep a close eye on my apps.

Archerdude

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
:D
EBC-985EBZBSTD_medium.jpg

Maybe we can huddle underneath it when it rains.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
why not just buy the one from the epic doubt that the phone has been redesigned so much that the batteries wouldn't fit

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
On another forum there is a poster that says he has the 2200 extended battery from VZW and that it fits behind the original battery door.

However that doesn't explain why Verizon is shipping that extended battery with an included door.

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
When I was picking up my Fascinate tonight I inquired about the exteneded battery. It is 2200 MAh and they said it would fit under the current cover and the VZW one does not ship with an additional battery cover and they sited that as additional proof that it fit under the current cover. It seems like a stretch to go that much larger in MAh and still fit under the existing cover. But hey, if it does then you won't hear me complain.

Sent from my Android Phone

idkmybffjill

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
When I was picking up my Fascinate tonight I inquired about the exteneded battery. It is 2200 MAh and they said it would fit under the current cover and the VZW one does not ship with an additional battery cover and they sited that as additional proof that it fit under the current cover. It seems like a stretch to go that much larger in MAh and still fit under the existing cover.

That's weird because the rep I talked to (at the brick and mortar store, not customer service) said it wouldn't fit and it did come with a replacement back cover. I'm going to head down there and ask them to pull out a battery and let me test it out.

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
i'd be curious to know if the ext battery does fit or not. it would be nice to have but not if its going to alter the shape of the phone

thrillhouse847

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I received my extended battery today and it absolutely DOES NOT fit under the stock cover. Not in a million years could it ever be made to fit, it's HUGE. It comes with a new cover that adds a bump to the back of the phone where the battery is which sticks out a good sixty percent higher above the top of the stock case.

I really like the idea of the extended battery because I'm on the go a lot and use my phone constantly but this thing is enormous...I might use it for a few days and see if it's tolerable but I doubt it.

As of right now, my initial impression would have to be to PASS on buying this accessory.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

thrillhouse847

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Here are some pics. First time trying to upload pics from my phone, hope they work.

Stock:
4c104c0d-fe5b-f36e.jpg

4c104c0d-fe6b-a38a.jpg

Extended:
4c104c0d-fe80-4a6c.jpg

4c104c0d-fe8e-10bb.jpg

Judge for yourselves.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk