rubber type battery cover

suzook

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Im wondering if there is a rubber type batery cover door available? Sort like the back of moto phones? I know I can get a case like that, but I like my phone "naked". Im hoping there will be a batt door replacement that has that texture. Has anyone seen one like that?

Reactions: hoffy

hoffy

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
+1

I don't see the need for a case with this phone but apparently I've got greasy hands or something because dang it gets slippery. A nice soft touch, matte, rubberized replacement cover would be great. Similar to the Incipio Feather I had for my BlackBerry.

markhunsaker

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
+1

I don't see the need for a case with this phone but apparently I've got greasy hands or something because dang it gets slippery. A nice soft touch, matte, rubberized replacement cover would be great. Similar to the Incipio Feather I had for my BlackBerry.

If it had a rubberized back, I wouldn't have a case on it. But since it doens't...I picked up the high gloss silicon case. But apparently I have greasy hands and it was getting slippery. So I traded it for the black graphite case. I really like it. It doesn't get slippery and looks really nice on the phone.

Set Your Location

Sublym1

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
You could just take this route if you prefer not to use a case or skin for your phone. A light coat on the battery cover should do the trick.
Krylon NonSkid Coating
non-skid.png

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I too had the problem of the phone sliding around too easily in my hands, and the Zagg shield (a bunch of places make very similar "shields", search around for coupon codes) worked perfectly. You can barely tell it's there when looking at it, the back of the phone still has a nice gloss finish to it but it grips so much easier. I have the protector on the front too; I'm not so excited about it but it does a great job stopping hard objects from touching the screen so I am keeping it for now.

senez

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Went the Krylon route, with a different paint, mostly because the non-skid isn't applicable to plastic, though I'm sure you could still try it.

Here's what I ended up with:

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

Reactions: zakth

zakth

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
senezncsu, that looks really good. Do you mind sharing with us the paint that you used (if you don't want to post the name maybe at least the UPC). Also, do you mind giving the steps or method used?

Bobby L

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Check this out

I am also looking for a rubber battery cover. This is what I found. It's better then the plastic battery cover. It's a very thin stick on skin. A very soft leather. Works great. Not like rubber but better then the battery that comes with the phone. Type in leather tech-armor. Its made for the samsung fancinate. I believe the company is called Qmadix. The skin is very thin. You place it on the battery cover. You can take it off without any glue sticking. Try it you may like it.

Bobby L

flushd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

It IS real but I bought a couple for mine and the girlfriend's phones. Mine lasted a week and hers lasted 2 weeks. The material is brittle and tends to crack by the cutouts just from taking it in and out of pocket/purse. It's a shame too because they fit the phones perfectly.

I've also tried the spray on coating for the battery cover. I used a product called plasti dip. Looks and feels great but isn't very durable. I don't know if I'm not spraying it on thick enough or what but it keeps peeling. Even tried sanding down the battery cover to get it to adhere better.

adamklo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My girlfriend has the Gal S through T-Mobil and they have a slip-on cover, like VZW's silicon one, but it's got a slight texture which makes it grippy as all get-out! I tried it on, but I think the rear speaker is in a different place so I couldn't get one.

I've currently got the basic vzw silicon cover. it's alright, but surprisingly smooth/slippery. Still better than naked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie