Naked Fascinates?

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Just curious, does anyone around here rock their Fascinate with no case? I just got the body glove and I like it a lot, but I was just wondering if anyone went naked and if they had any scratches.

Edit: Decided to take the body glove back. Sticking with the Otterbox Commuter for now.

Last edited:

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Just curious, does anyone around here rock their Fascinate with no case? I just got the body glove and I like it a lot, but I was just wondering if anyone went naked and if they had any scratches.

Edit: Decided to take the body glove back. Sticking with the Otterbox Commuter for now.

I did for a while, and I noticed the back of mine had some scuff marks. Nothing to bad but kind of annoyed me. Plus the damn thing is slippery without a case... especially when your hands are greasy or sweaty -_-

RobUM2011

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Usually I always keep my phone naked because I hate cases. However, my phone fell out of my pocket one day and cracked the corner. I dished out the $50 for an insurance replacement, and now I'm using the kickstand case from Verizon because it's fairly slim.
To answer the question though.. when it was naked it didn't really get scratched. I always keep my phone in a pocket separate from my keys or anything else. If it wasn't for sitting with my leg up, wearing basketball shorts, and a concrete surface below me, it'd probably still be fine today.. lol

jnewell

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I use the Dual Cover on my SF and DX. Silicone ring for those edge drops, smooth plastic for easy in/easy out in the pocket.

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I had a silicone case for mine and the back got more scratched than when I had it naked. I went back to phone nudity. Maybe I should rephrase that...

amofiav

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
mine is also naked. i make sure i keep my keeps in a different pocket than my phone. there are a few small scratches on the back but nothing deep or noticeable. i got my phone about a week after launch so i've had it awhile.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have an invisible shield on the screen, and a zagg skin on the back. Doesn't really add much bulk, but still gives protection, and a little bit of grip as well.

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
until very recently i've gone naked. :eek::) one reason i like the FASN8 is because its so thin and i've been hesitant to add any bulk to it via a case. it got a little scuffed and scratched in my pocket but not enough to bother me.

for some reason, i found myself on verizon looking at "vskins" (www.vskins.com) by skinit and now my FASN8 is sporting a Red Wings skin and im actually pretty pleased with it.

the "skin" is a precisely cut 2-piece "sticker", basically, that you overlay on the 2 halves of your phone (front and back).

if you are patient and very careful, its really not difficult to carefully place each piece onto the phone so that it looks and feels nice.

its very thin so it doesnt really add any perceptible bulk and it does make it a bit less slippery.

it did take me a little to get used to the different feel of it, as the overlay doesn't cover the corners so there are edges where your fingers grip the phone that you can feel. but after a few days i'm liking it. the fit is very good so that it looks like it is part of the phone/case - which is how it should look, right?

skinit, the company behind these vskins, states that the sticky stuff on the back of the skin will not leave any residue if you want to peel it off, and that is the reason i felt it was worth a shot; otherwise, i wouldn't have bothered.

they have a ton of options, including sports teams, if you like that kind of stuff. :)

if i have any problems with it down the road i'll update my post but i would recommend it based on my experience so far.

:p

epik151

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine is nude. No problems. The inside of my jeans pocket isn't exactly a hazardous environment.

I'm not too clumsy either so everything is going good so far.

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Always in the buff, never use a screen protector. The screen is Corning Gorilla Glass. It takes alot to scratch it. Back of mine is pretty scratched up, but that is replaceable.

p.s. GO WINGS!

jampot

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I often use a basic black silicone case...
However, I mostly wear skirts with boots, so I tend to have a naked phone tucked in the side of my boot because I never have pockets and I hate purses. (BTW, I'm a girl haha)

My friends all laugh because it totally looks like I've got a knife stuck in my boot... :D

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Always in the buff, never use a screen protector. The screen is Corning Gorilla Glass. It takes alot to scratch it. Back of mine is pretty scratched up, but that is replaceable.

p.s. GO WINGS!

Yeah! GOOO WIIIINNNGGGSSSSS!!!

P.S. if you're downriver, watch out for those high-haired women. ;)
P.S.S. hopefully you're not one. if you are, no offense. :p:)

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I often use a basic black silicone case...
However, I mostly wear skirts with boots, so I tend to have a naked phone tucked in the side of my boot because I never have pockets and I hate purses. (BTW, I'm a girl haha)

My friends all laugh because it totally looks like I've got a knife stuck in my boot... :D

WIN! I love that idea :-*

mjt1265

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I like most that have replied am naked, thought about a case but I love the thin-ness of the phone my back is a little scratched nothing to really speak on. As long as you are careful you should be fine.

I will say I have seen some dust collecting in the tiny little crack between the glass and the phone. My OCD is kicking in and it is starting to annoy the crap out of me. Not sure if a case will fix or if I should just take some "duster" to it

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
hey Ytay are the Vskins any good? do they scratch? easy to put on??

after about a week or so now it still looks shiny new.

i was most concerned about the edges peeling up but they haven't moved a bit. whatever the adhesive is, its working very well. of course it remains to be seen if there's any glue stuck to the phone whenever i peel this off but i have no plans on doing that so for right now who cares? i don't think the skin is reusable after that.

the back is easier than the front to put on but its not hard. you just have to be real careful, slow and patient if you want it to be aligned nice and perfect. if you follow their directions it should come out nice with no bubbles or creases.

jcjdoss

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I like most that have replied am naked, thought about a case but I love the thin-ness of the phone my back is a little scratched nothing to really speak on. As long as you are careful you should be fine.

I will say I have seen some dust collecting in the tiny little crack between the glass and the phone. My OCD is kicking in and it is starting to annoy the crap out of me. Not sure if a case will fix or if I should just take some "duster" to it

Even if there are scratches on the back, It is really easy to get a replacement back cover

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk