SEIDIO Extended Battery Photos

bruinhd

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, the battery life was just wasn't doing it for me, and battery life was the main reason I ended up picking up a Fascinate over an HTC Incredible. So I bought the SEIDIO 3000 mAh extended battery (upgraded from 1500 mAh) from Amazon for $60, it came with a replacement back casing.

So here are some initial pictures of my phone with the battery on so you can get an idea of the thickness change and look. I will post updates with the battery life and whatnot in a couple days.

Initial impressions: the quality of the case is much better than older SEIDIO cases, it feels great and fits the same or better than the original casing. I've been using the battery for 7 hours and 48 minutes so far and it's changed 5%, but I'm sure this is just anomalous until I fully charge and recalibrate tonight. The additional battery size account for about a 70% increase in thickness, slightly heavier but not totally noticeable.

My major reason for upgrading the battery is because I'm a medical student, and therefore a heavy data user. I have to pull up drugs and diseases on my phone using DynaMed and Epocrates, etc. My battery was dying usually just as I get home or late in the day, and it was falling out of use right when I need it the most. I get home late and I need to call my girlfriend most nights to chitchat, so it's not an opportune time to fail on me.

UPDATE: A full day has passed (almost 24 hours) with heavy use all day today sending emails, making calls, browsing the internet. I have 71% battery left. This is pretty legit. So far so good. Took lots of great pictures, and the big booty from the battery did not obstruct the shots or the flash.

UPDATE: It's been 43 hours without a charge and the battery is still at 30%. Today was a heavy day especially. I had lab instruction for 3 hours this morning and was pulling up all of my notes off of Dropbox and searching through them constantly. My guess is that it goes over 48 hours before it dies.

kwb4Yl.jpg

W5RBSl.jpg

u1nhFl.jpg

K1TX9l.jpg

Last edited:

bruinhd

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
That has one fat booty...that is a turn off for me...there has to be slender extended batteries.

If there's an extended battery that hits 3000 mAh, and actually works with Froyo and charges, then I'm all ears. This was the only one I read about that had this going for it.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It charges when plugged in. It's only those cheap batteries on Ebay that error out when you try to charge them.

I am running Superclean Build 2.9.2 on Froyo, just for reference.

If it is a non-oem battery, it isn't the batteries fault. Samsung toook a course from apple and a little piece of software in there to check to see if it is OEM. If not, the phone rejects it.

Fortunately, the great dev's that we have circumvented that little trick in some of the newer kernels...

I am running JT's and I know that one has it, I am sure that it is being built into some of the others..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan