Fitbit results into Google Fit?

ctt1wbw

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I believe that Google Fit only syncs with Android Wear devices but I could be wrong. When you go in to the Google Fit app is there a section for connected devices?

No, there isn't and on Fitbit's website, they say it won't sync with Google Fit either and nobody knows if and when it will happen. Hell, they can't even get Facebook sync to work. There's tooms of pages about that.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
No, there isn't and on Fitbit's website, they say it won't sync with Google Fit either and nobody knows if and when it will happen. Hell, they can't even get Facebook sync to work. There's tooms of pages about that.

Do you not like using the Fitbit app? My wife has the Charge and she loves it app on her phone and being able to be in groups at her work.

ctt1wbw

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Do you not like using the Fitbit app? My wife has the Charge and she loves it app on her phone and being able to be in groups at her work.

Yeah it's nice, I'm just at a loss as to why it's not already incorporated into Google Fit. Just doesn't make sense.

macarser

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Yeah it's nice, I'm just at a loss as to why it's not already incorporated into Google Fit. Just doesn't make sense.

There is probably some data that shouldn't be merged, the main one I can think of is steps. Google Fit is using the pedometer in your phone, yet FitBit is using the one built into your band. Won't talk for everyone, but I wear my band more than I carry my phone. Which steps should be used, which steps are duplicated if you're carrying both? You can imagine the issues that could bring up.

Google Fit could integrate it's auto-calculated walks as workouts into FitBit, I'd love to see that, but both-way sync could be problematic as they could be duplicated.

I have issues with that now, MyFitnessPal syncs to my Google Fit, Google Fit is putting my walks into MFP, but MFP syncs to FitBit so I'm getting duplicates workouts. It's at least smart enough and only one set of them actually has any calories taken out of my days allotment (I'm not even sure in which app that is taking that into account) which is a bonus, but still, I didn't walk twice the distance which it says I do.

The ability to not use one and only use the other, now that would be something. Dropping Google Fit's reading of the phones pedometer may be possible, not sure on if you'd want that or not though. Having to tell it when you've stopped using the FitBit (or it's battery is dead), or you moved to another device could cause data to be lost.

DroidPride

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
The fitbit app it's self is nice enough for me. What specifically do you want to get out of syncing your fitbit data with G fit? I could be wrong, but I reckon they don't want to dabble into competitor territory?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay