Anyone going to spend the $299 Fitbit is asking for the new Ionic? Going to reserve my comments, I don't want to sway folks one way or the other...

More details over at iMore: https://www.imore.com/fitbit-ionic
    08-30-2017 02:11 PM
    Anyone going to spend the $299 Fitbit is asking for the new Ionic? Going to reserve my comments, I don't want to sway folks one way or the other...

More details over at iMore: https://www.imore.com/fitbit-ionic
    Hmm. After all the trouble I have had with the Surge, it will not be worth the effort. I cringe at the thought of getting a bad Fitbit Ionic and having to replace it with customer service 4x times just to get a working fitness band. I am definitely in the market for another brand. Fitbits are not worth the headaches...
    J Dubbs likes this.
    08-30-2017 03:13 PM
    The big problem with Smartwatches and fitness bands is that they are only "smart" for a year or two. In my opinion, $300 is a lot to spend on something that you are, more than likely, going to want to replace next year.

And, don't even get me started on the high-end Apple watches or the ridiculously expensive Tag Heuer stuff!
    08-30-2017 03:18 PM
    I probably will. I slated it's looks when I first saw it but the bands are changeable and it can look decent. I'll wait for reviews before deciding if I'll pull the trigger or not but I'm looking to replace my ageing TomTom Runner Cardio 2 for my fitness needs. If it can replace my ZenWatch 2 and Sony Smartwatch 3 for smartwatch needs then even better
    08-30-2017 03:22 PM
    It looks appealing but if I get something new it will be the Samsung Gear Fit 2 pro. That really will do everything I need it to do 3-4 day battery has me sold. Like many I had a bad experience with a FitBit device and I am not willing to tempt fate for $300.00
    J Dubbs likes this.
    09-01-2017 08:05 AM
    I have owned a Fitbit flex and surge over the last 9 months and they are the biggest pieces of crap I've ever spent money on. The Fitbit Android app has also went downhill in a huge way..... the devices are now useless at this point because they've broken the app so badly.

Fitbit is in dire straits financially, and the Ionic is their hail Mary. It's not going to work.....by this time next year they'll be gone.

Go read their forums, and do a Google search on their financial situation before you give them any money.

I disputed the surge with my credit card company and got my money back...... first time in my life I've done that. Tells you how bad the device and experience was.
    09-17-2017 05:04 AM
    they are very non responsive to consumer concerns. They're software is written by amateurs. That is what's killing them.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    09-18-2017 03:14 PM