Gear Fit2 Pro Swim Counting

Jon44

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone's had a chance to swim with their device yet and give any feedback on accuracy, usefulness, etc?

Thx, J

Cujonaut

Oct 15, 2017
Visit site
Just swam with my gear fit 2 pro for the first time today. I set it to 50 meters and then swam 10 intervals and the watch said that I swam 10. I recommend getting the workout set up on the watch before you get in the pool. It was hard to work the device with it wet.

Craig Duncan

Feb 11, 2018
Visit site
Just swam with my gear fit 2 pro for the first time today. I set it to 50 meters and then swam 10 intervals and the watch said that I swam 10. I recommend getting the workout set up on the watch before you get in the pool. It was hard to work the device with it wet.

Real shame that they haven't allowed us to change the pool length properly - my pool is 30 metres and I'm still struggling to get anything useful out of my gear fit2 pro!

Ozfrogster

Dec 20, 2017
Visit site
I can't get my Gear Fit 2 Pro to measure distance correctly at all. I just swam 1300m in a 50m pool and the Gear Fit 2 Pro said 3000m and 60 lengths. The pool length is set at 50m, so I'm not sure what the issue is. I had a small thought, in that maybe it was reconnecting to my phone via Bluetooth each time I reach the starting end as that was where my bag and phone was. But I turned off the phone bluetooth today and it made no difference, still didn't get the swim correct. Anyone have any ideas?

Ozfrogster

Dec 20, 2017
Visit site
Tried the new Update from Samsung for the exercise section. Selected Swimming from the list. It told me it was set to 25m but to alter it to my pool length for better accuracy. Which I did, set in 1m increments to 50m, so a 30m pool is very do able. Swam 1700m and it read 1700m. The new display while exercising was very easy to read, though the auto scroll meant it was difficult to go on set intervals. Even so I think it was much better than the results I have obtained using Speedo On. Now if Samsung could get the Running Pace indication correct I might be good to go.

JenD10

Oct 20, 2018
Visit site
I've recently bought the Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro & have been swimming with it every day for the last 7 days, i set the Pool length ( 25m ) in the Swimming Exercise & it's correctly measured every length i've swum ( different amounts each day) it's identified that i was swimming breaststroke & also the correct time that i was swimming. I'm really impressed with it & love that it also tells me the amount of time i took on each length, my fastest length & how many strokes in total i've used. I did use the Speedo On App one day & really wasn't at all impressed with it. My previous Trackers were Fitbit & i did buy the new Charge 3 but had to return 2 of them as they were absolutely useless at tracking swimming & had various other issues.

swimpp

Feb 22, 2019
Visit site
According to my 8 years swimming experience, I thought manual swimming lap counter is more efficient than this kind of automatic detecting tracker. Now I always use COUNTU Goal as my daily swimming lap counter. It can work as timer and lap counter, and the most useful function is vibrate alarm function, which it vibrate your finger to alarm that you already achieve your workout. Recommended.
freestyle intragram.jpg

Tipona

Apr 9, 2019
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone's had a chance to swim with their device yet and give any feedback on accuracy, usefulness, etc?

Thx, J

I've used it twice in a 25yd pool. Counted and timed lengths fine but I'd like to measure intervals. Anyone figure how?

Tipona

Apr 9, 2019
Visit site
Tried the new Update from Samsung for the exercise section. Selected Swimming from the list. It told me it was set to 25m but to alter it to my pool length for better accuracy. Which I did, set in 1m increments to 50m, so a 30m pool is very do able. Swam 1700m and it read 1700m. The new display while exercising was very easy to read, though the auto scroll meant it was difficult to go on set intervals. Even so I think it was much better than the results I have obtained using Speedo On. Now if Samsung could get the Running Pace indication correct I might be good to go.

How did u set up Samsung for interval tracking?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma