weirdkid

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
SunJan31051751PST2010.jpg

Next item: Tennis Racket

weirdkid

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Despite the fact that I live in the coffee drinking capital of the world, I'm a little perplexed by what's going on in that picture.

My father drinks it. He buys it at Costco, they have a machine to grind the beans once you buy em. Stick the powder thingy in, put the little lid on it and pour boiling water on top and it drops down. At least that's how I think it works.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
It looks a bit like Vietnamese coffee. Which is brewed in a very similar way: Coffee is finely ground, mixed with chicory root, then put into a little metal canister where it's squeezed into the bottom. There are holes on top and holes under the coffee. Boiling water is poured in, and slowly filters thru the grounds into the cup it's sitting on. With Vietnamese coffee it's mixed with sweetened condensed milk - which is thick like pudding. It makes a delicious cup of coffee.

I worked as a coffee roaster and cupper for many years. There are few things I know more about than coffee. Thanks Weirdkid, you took my request for a "cup of coffee" to the next level - bravo!

weirdkid

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
It looks a bit like Vietnamese coffee. Which is brewed in a very similar way: Coffee is finely ground, mixed with chicory root, then put into a little metal canister where it's squeezed into the bottom. There are holes on top and holes under the coffee. Boiling water is poured in, and slowly filters thru the grounds into the cup it's sitting on. With Vietnamese coffee it's mixed with sweetened condensed milk - which is thick like pudding. It makes a delicious cup of coffee.

I worked as a coffee roaster and cupper for many years. There are few things I know more about than coffee. Thanks Weirdkid, you took my request for a "cup of coffee" to the next level - bravo!
And that's what I am :) I don't think my parents use the chicory root. My mother drinks it with the sweetened condensed milk. Not quite sure what my father drinks it with.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
And that's what I am :) I don't think my parents use the chicory root. My mother drinks it with the sweetened condensed milk. Not quite sure what my father drinks it with.

Yeah, its Vietnamese coffee maker. I had it for the first time a few months ago with condensed milk... AWESOME! definitely something to try.