Last post wins. {Lets see who will be the last poster.}

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
The guy at T-Mobile already saw my non-TW phone. He really only cared that it was in good shape.

I was taking a nap when the question was asked.....lol

Alright guys, so I'm totally new to the whole rooting and ROMing. Could you guys point me in the direction of just pretty much starting out.

Oh, and I have a question. Should you update your phone if you've rooted it? Because there's this thread over in the General How-To and this guy updated his rooted phone. I just thought I read somewhere that this could brick your device. I'm not sure about it at all, but I was just wondering. :)

Sent from the mother ship

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The guy at T-Mobile already saw my non-TW phone. He really only cared that it was in good shape.

I was taking a nap when the question was asked.....lol

Haha. That's cool, I once read a story of some reps who flipped their **** because the home screen looked different... It was a launcher -_-
At least you got a cool one :D

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Alright guys, so I'm totally new to the whole rooting and ROMing. Could you guys point me in the direction of just pretty much starting out.

Oh, and I have a question. Should you update your phone if you've rooted it? Because there's this thread over in the General How-To and this guy updated his rooted phone. I just thought I read somewhere that this could brick your device. I'm not sure about it at all, but I was just wondering. :)

Updating can brick the phone or break root so I would stay away from taking OTAs. What are you going to root?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

General rule is to not update unless the ROM dev updated the ROM. You won't get OTA alerts if you have a custom ROM. I haven't seen an alert in years....lol

Sent from my KitKat powered Note 2

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Haha. That's cool, I once read a story of some reps who flipped their **** because the home screen looked different... It was a launcher -_-
At least you got a cool one :D

Yeah, he even saw it when I rebooted my phone that the animation was different.....lol

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
General rule is to not update unless the ROM dev updated the ROM. You won't get OTA alerts if you have a custom ROM. I haven't seen an alert in years....lol

I haven't seen many ROMs for the Note 3 :(
You staying stock like Stephen?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome