Last post wins. {Lets see who will be the last poster.}

tsumorri

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
It has third party keyboards, way better sharing menu and continuity. That's all I need.

Posted via Android Central App

Fair enough I guess~ I remember when Apple first introduced cut/paste on their phones. I remember wondering why it took so long for that, and I am having a similar reaction to a lot of these newer updates...like, other phones have had these options for a while, so why'd it take so long y'know? And I could get the features via jailbreak on iPhone 2 way back when and it's only just now existing in a standard manner when the tech has already been debugged for so long.... So I guess that's why I was underwhelmed~

BUT you're entitled to your own preferences :)

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Fair enough I guess~ I remember when Apple first introduced cut/paste on their phones. I remember wondering why it took so long for that, and I am having a similar reaction to a lot of these newer updates...like, other phones have had these options for a while, so why'd it take so long y'know? And I could get the features via jailbreak on iPhone 2 way back when and it's only just now existing in a standard manner when the tech has already been debugged for so long.... So I guess that's why I was underwhelmed~

BUT you're entitled to your own preferences :)

While I understand I've enjoyed some features of the iPhone 6 already(4.7" display for one)

My needs are basic and I have a Mac and will always have one.

The iPhone is the best choice for me but that's not to say the new X or Note edge are bad. I actually for the first time ever was impressed by a Samsung device.

tsumorri

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
While I understand I've enjoyed some features of the iPhone 6 already(4.7" display for one)

My needs are basic and I have a Mac and will always have one.

The iPhone is the best choice for me but that's not to say the new X or Note edge are bad. I actually for the first time ever was impressed by a Samsung device.

What Mac do you use? I've been looking at swapping out my PC since I'm getting Hella annoyed with windows 8.blah and I need something better suited for film editing anyway~ do you have any suggestions? Things you wish were more mac-compatible? Issues you've hit with it? Awesome pros you can brag on?

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
What Mac do you use? I've been looking at swapping out my PC since I'm getting Hella annoyed with windows 8.blah and I need something better suited for film editing anyway~ do you have any suggestions? Things you wish were more mac-compatible? Issues you've hit with it? Awesome pros you can brag on?

13" Late 2013 MBP(I also have a 2011 MBP) but holy shot this thing is light and thin. It can play Borderlands 2 OK. It never gets loud and around a 11 hour battery, the speakers are super bassy for a 13" laptop and many of OSX's features are awesome such as the mission control and multiple desktops.

I havent had app problems and had office for Mac and that ran with problems. Besides if you use Pages for Mac you can export as a Word document so again no compatibility issues there.

I do recommend at leat 256GB storage since 128GB is just sad. If you have any other questions fire away.

tsumorri

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
13" Late 2013 MBP(I also have a 2011 MBP) but holy shot this thing is light and thin. It can play Borderlands 2 OK. It never gets loud and around a 11 hour battery, the speakers are super bassy for a 13" laptop and many of OSX's features are awesome such as the mission control and multiple desktops.

I havent had app problems and had office for Mac and that ran with problems. Besides if you use Pages for Mac you can export as a Word document so again no compatibility issues there.

I do recommend at leat 256GB storage since 128GB is just sad. If you have any other questions fire away.

Whatever I get I'll be upping to at least 500 GB storage anyway (which is an increase in price)

How consistently do you use your mac to get that battery life? Have you had to replace charger cables often? (A genuine problem with their phone and tablet line is the shiftiness of their charger cables). Can I do any upgrades to it aftermarket besides OS updates? (like upgrade graphics card or something)?

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Bigger screen and iOS 8 addresses the concerns I had.

I don't want them to get my nude pictures! so I'll stick with android.

and 5.6" minimum screen for me (galaxy note edge, I'm looking at you....)

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
there is nothing to like about it. it's still crapple :D

STARGATE, I'm the emperor so I outrank your Col. rank. I asked questions, so, whatcha gon do bout it?

Yea, I know...
But don't cross me!

I have the elite of the snipers and super soldiers on my side.
Soldiers hold the power to overthrow any government. 😜 :p

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't want them to get my nude pictures! so I'll stick with android.

and 5.6" minimum screen for me (galaxy note edge, I'm looking at you....)

As you know it was not a iCloud hack, rather profiling the celebrities then guessing their passwords.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Whatever I get I'll be upping to at least 500 GB storage anyway (which is an increase in price)

How consistently do you use your mac to get that battery life? Have you had to replace charger cables often? (A genuine problem with their phone and tablet line is the shiftiness of their charger cables). Can I do any upgrades to it aftermarket besides OS updates? (like upgrade graphics card or something)?

You can upgrade the SSD yourself but they have a special form factor and 3rd parties haven't released the correct SSD size yet, but it's coming. I haven't had to replace the charge for my current laptop but last I replaced the early 2011's charger cause I ruined it by connecting the charger to the Mac in really weird angles.

I get that battery by using pages and having 2 tabs open in Safari. If I use 6 tabs in Safari and 6 in Opera then it drops to around 6-7 hours with 60 percent brightness and full keyboard lighting on.

If I start games, it drops to 2 and a half hours-3. Which I guess is expected. BTW don't use Safari, it seems to have scrolling lag that other browsers don't have.

tsumorri

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
You can upgrade the SSD yourself but they have a special form factor and 3rd parties haven't released the correct SSD size yet, but it's coming. I haven't had to replace the charge for my current laptop but last I replaced the early 2011's charger cause I ruined it by connecting the charger to the Mac in really weird angles.

I get that battery by using pages and having 2 tabs open in Safari. If I use 6 tabs in Safari and 6 in Opera then it drops to around 6-7 hours with 60 percent brightness and full keyboard lighting on.

If I start games, it drops to 2 and a half hours-3. Which I guess is expected. BTW don't use Safari, it seems to have scrolling lag that other browsers don't have.

Fair enough! Thank you :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21