As it is I've been after an Android Ware watch for several years but just can't tolerate the idea of my wrist emitting light (it's a personal hangup), so have been after a "Transflective" smart watch (such as the Pebble or Amazfit) that runs Android Ware. From what I can tell the Fossil Q Founder 2.0 (or Marshal or Wanderer) are the best contenders but I'm finding it very difficult to actually get an idea of how well the transflective display works as all the photos and most of the videos always show the watch with the screen active. Is it even possible to use the watch exclusively in reflective (that is non-back lit mode) like a regular digital watch such as an old school Casio and only have it "light up" when one actively interacts with it? It's an odd hangup but I just can't abide by the idea of my watch lighting up if I swing the steering wheel over while I'm driving or whatever. I also don't want my watch showing a completely black face (like the Apple Watch does) most of the time and coming to life when one gestures it to.

Basically I want it to function as a regular old fashioned digital watch 95% of the time and only give away that it's "smart" when I actively interact with it. Is this achievable with this watch?
    05-13-2018 07:26 AM
    Makes me think of the Casio Pro Trek line of watches with dual layer display for low power always on and then regular smart watch display for apps and notifications.
    05-13-2018 07:54 PM
    Makes me think of the Casio Pro Trek line of watches with dual layer display for low power always on and then regular smart watch display for apps and notifications.
    Yeah, I have been looking at the WSD-F20 since it was first announced and for a time it has been my favourite pick but it also has a lot of draw backs –not least of which is the $600 price point!

Other options include the Moto 360 Sport and Sony's Smartwatch 3 (and I'm not even going to mention Tag Heuer), and that about wraps it up in terms of transflective Android smart watches. Of these the Fossil Q series seem to strike the best balance between form, functionality and style (as well as cost) but I am still yet to be convinced that ANY of them work as an acceptable timepiece in reflective/ambient mode, which is why I'm asking about it
    05-14-2018 06:59 AM