I've been thinking about buying a smartwatch.I don't have much money yet, so I don't want to buy something bad, so I ask for advice.
    I don't necessarily need a heart rate monitor, GPS, etc.NFC may be interesting for the future, but does it exceed the huge price difference or another plus sign...
    I really like the keyboard or something like that, not the standard message, but you can send the message type yourself.Speaking isn't necessarily necessary, but if typing is frustrating, it should be fun.
    12-21-2018 01:27 AM
    With some newer generations of Wear OS watches coming out, you can find some pretty good deals on previous generation watches. The Skagen Falster 1 is currently $149 on Skagen's own site, with free shipping: https://www.skagen.com/en-us/sale?cm...09010a0a1c0e0b. I've also noticed that TJ Maxx (the discount retailer) in my area has been getting a bunch of Michael Kors Wear OS watches that they're selling for $160 (I picked up the Grayson model, which looks great), and just recently I saw a really nice-looking Emporio Armani Wear OS watch for $150. So you don't have to break the bank to find a decent Wear OS watch.

Those latter two watches don't have a heart rate monitor, GPS, or NFC (which is probably part of the reason why they're fairly inexpensive now). That doesn't really matter to me, because (a) I don't use my watch as a fitness band, and (b) I don't need GPS or NFC on my watch, since I'll always have my phone on me if I'm wearing the watch as well.

Typing on the tiny keyboard can be pretty tricky. I've found that dictation works pretty well, although I rarely use my watch to send messages.
    12-21-2018 06:27 AM
    I agree with B.Diddy. One note: Swipe typing is much better than tap typing. But still, if I need to type more than 1 or 2 short words then I'm going to pull out my phone.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-21-2018 11:51 AM
    I should try swipe typing on my watch -- I admit I haven't tried that yet!
    12-21-2018 04:15 PM
    I should try swipe typing on my watch -- I admit I haven't tried that yet!
    The watch interface is a little small.
    12-26-2018 03:59 AM
    I agree with B.Diddy. One note: Swipe typing is much better than tap typing. But still, if I need to type more than 1 or 2 short words then I'm going to pull out my phone.
    Of course, mobile phones are still more convenient.
    12-26-2018 04:00 AM
    Finally tried swipe typing on my Michael Kors Access Grayson -- it certainly works better than tapping!
    jean15paul likes this.
    12-26-2018 06:31 AM