Is it the battery? Or??

fredd17

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Fossil Q Explorist Gen 3 for a year and a month now... This has happened twice this month... About mid day my watch dies. Black screen won't turn on what's so ever... I get home plug it in the charger the watch turns on and battery level says it's at 50-60%.

Is it a glitch? Time for a new watch??

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Fossil Q Explorist Gen 3 for a year and a month now... This has happened twice this month... About mid day my watch dies. Black screen won't turn on what's so ever... I get home plug it in the charger the watch turns on and battery level says it's at 50-60%.

Is it a glitch? Time for a new watch??
I don't know for sure. But I might try a factory reset.

fredd17

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't know for sure. But I might try a factory reset.

It didn't work.. I just got home plugged it in and it said it has 45%. I went on the Fossil website and it says I have a 2 year warranty. So I'm going to contact them and see what I have to do to collect on that warranty. 🙂

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It didn't work.. I just got home plugged it in and it said it has 45%. I went on the Fossil website and it says I have a 2 year warranty. So I'm going to contact them and see what I have to do to collect on that warranty. ??????

Def use that warranty if you've got it. :) Sounds like one of the battery cells has failed. So it expects maybe 300mah, but it's only got 150mah. So around 50% it'll just "die". It's common in phones for it to happen at 25% or 33% depending on how many cells are in the battery.

I just got my 3rd gen second hand. I'm curious if there's still a warranty on it if anything happens :)