PermanentRooting/Hacking/SimUnlock/CID Unlock T-Mobile G2 Step by Step Instructions..

Was This Tutorial

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Sorry Guys ..I have moved this thread to Sillian OS Mobile forums. You can either go to sillianos.webs.com and search the forum for this thread or easier still CLICK HERE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sillian OS Mobile: HTC HD2 (Windows Based)/HTC G2 (Android Based)

Buy me a beer if you like my work :p

Last edited:

joemm

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Warning to all users this guy (Sillian Himself) likes to post up roms that simulates a bricked phone all because he soft bricked his phone trying to root it and wants everyone else to know what it felt like. He was banned from XDA Developers G2 forum for this.

Last edited:

McLovin2

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
[*]Run visionary and check the temporary root of phone option only and reboot.
[*]DO NOT DO PERMANENT BACKUP FROM VISIONARY
[*]
Now Run ROM manager and backup your rom and save it on to your computer from your SD Card

ROM manager complained after it was finished that it did not have correct permissions. I checked and the phone did not have root after Visionary temporary root and reboot.

joemm

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
[*]Run visionary and check the temporary root of phone option only and reboot.
[*]DO NOT DO PERMANENT BACKUP FROM VISIONARY
[*]
Now Run ROM manager and backup your rom and save it on to your computer from your SD Card

This part of Sillians Instructions is WRONG ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ROM manager complained after it was finished that it did not have correct permissions. I checked and the phone did not have root after Visionary temporary root and reboot.

That's because you can not back up your rom without permroot S-Off, this guy Sillian doesn't know what the hell he is talking about, do not use his instructions for anything. You neen a custom recovery installed ie: ClockWorkMod Recovery 2.5.1.3 to make a nandriod backup of your rom, or even to use rom manager. This reqiures perm root that's why it wouldn't work for you.

You can find correct rooting instructions here: In subsection ROOTING THE VISION.

Last edited:
Reactions: McLovin2
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I just noticed the thread, that should first have the S-Off..Then you back up the device with Rom Manager...Will update the instructions asap..!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Warning to all users this guy (Sillian Himself) likes to post up roms that simulates a bricked phone all because he soft bricked his phone trying to root it and wants everyone else to know what it felt like. He was banned from XDA Developers G2 forum for this.

"Indulgence in fantasy of people like you is the forte of idiots "

Last edited:

stranjal7#AC

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I cannot seem to get this to work for anything. I followed all of the steps and i just cant get the adb part to find my device as if adb isnt even installed. Im stuck. Question: When you say to find the "platform-tool" folder and put it under the "path", how in the world am i supposed to do that. Do i drag and drop (which doesnt work) or what am i supposed to put into that field? Help, Im on Vista, if that helps.

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
did you download the zip package the .exe file for adb ? If zip package then unzip it somewhere and the platform tools is a folder in the zip package. Open the folder platform tools and copy the link from the browser to the path under environmental variable...If you d/l .exe file then go to my computer--.>c:/ drive-->Documents-->Programs-->sdk-->and then keep opening the folders tills you find the platform tools and copy this path to your environmental variables and then it should work..

Reactions: stranjal7#AC

stranjal7#AC

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, that worked. But now i cannot get my device recognized as media so that i can open up my media card and install the items from package 2. HTC Sync wont even see it, it worked before now nothing. Any ideas?

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

This is soo funny...I have actually done it....Yes all the widgets are actually working....

But thanks to the great idiots like you..I will lock the widgets so that they will only work on my ROM...They would have worked on any launcher...lol..Price people pay for idiots like you...

I will only post it on my website and thanks to people like you everyone will have to sign up on my site in order to download my ROM...

It will be soo funny when I post working videos and pics of my ROM and I promise you I will post your comments right beneath the video...
Guess we will see who has the last laugh...

Anyhoo...Based on T-Mobile G2 AOSP rom with most of the sense widgets running ( only the ones that I want ) and no bloatware free version anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.