quick question about Cyanogen Nightly Builds?

ItsAllAndroid

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
okay so im running gingervillain 1.5 and i do like it a whole lot but there are some bugs that really bother me, but gingervillain doesn't update to fix them as much, so i know that cyanogen nightly builds update every night and i heard that they have released 7 with gingerbread now, so my questions are which ROM do you prefer, what are the advantages of cyanogen 7 nightly builds, and if you update every night do you have to do a titanium restore everytime it updates to get all your stuff back? thanks everybody!O:)

joemm

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
okay so im running gingervillain 1.5 and i do like it a whole lot but there are some bugs that really bother me, but gingervillain doesn't update to fix them as much, so i know that cyanogen nightly builds update every night and i heard that they have released 7 with gingerbread now, so my questions are which ROM do you prefer, what are the advantages of cyanogen 7 nightly builds, and if you update every night do you have to do a titanium restore everytime it updates to get all your stuff back? thanks everybody!O:)

I am currently running CM7 Build #23, I started running GingerVillian first and it is pretty smooth but it is compiled off of CM7's builds. There are some diffrences in the two, but as you mentioned CM7 is compiled nightly as for GingerVillian there has been I believe 3 updates so far while there have been about 18 successful builds released of CM7. When you flash the nightly builds all you have to wipe is the /cache, not /data, then flash the new build zip, all your data and apps stay the same on the phone from build to build so no need to reset everything up, every time. As soon as it reboots its like nothing ever changed with you phones settings. But obviously if your gonna flash from GingerVillian to CM7 a full /data wipe is recommended. My opinion would be to stick with CM7 for now, but theres nothing wrong with GingerVillian.

ItsAllAndroid

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
so do you think its worth the switch cause i have everything backed up and can be switched over in 15 min but i dont know if i should if they're kinda the same but im having this wifi issue where i cant get on mobile data when there is a wifi network present and that bugs the crap outta me, when tryin to send or receive pictures!!!

joemm

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I would make the switch, i dont have any issues right now, everything is working as its suppose to, plus there are upgrades to the rom everynight and they keep adding more and more options, this rom runs really smooth. You should check it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38