Clockwork backups not showing up!

aazxdc

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I seem to have a problem with ROM Manager, whenever I make a backup of the current ROM, the backup doesn't seem to appear when I go into the "Manage and Restore Backups" section of ROM Manager. When I check the SD card on my laptop all the files are there, but I can't seem to access them on my phone. Is there a step I'm missing? Any help would be much appreciated.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Have you only flashed clockwork through ROM Manager? I flashed it using nvflash and use that clockwork to make backups. It's kinda confusing how it works. I don't use ROM Manager for much of anything.

The only issue I have doing everything without ROM Manager is that I can't rename my backups, so they are all in date/time format. So it's hard to keep track of what's what.

lf35

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I seem to have a problem with ROM Manager, whenever I make a backup of the current ROM, the backup doesn't seem to appear when I go into the "Manage and Restore Backups" section of ROM Manager. When I check the SD card on my laptop all the files are there, but I can't seem to access them on my phone. Is there a step I'm missing? Any help would be much appreciated.

Did you flash clockwork with internal or external support?

Reflash with the opposite and backups should show up in ROM Manager.

If you only flashed clockwork with ROM Manager, it defaults to internal support. Thus, your backups on your external SD won't show up.

Last edited:

lindel

May 18, 2011
Visit site
If you use a file manager to rename the file, you can't have any spaces in the name. You'll have to use dashes, underscores or something else to take the place of spaces.

Drew Galyen

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Did you flash clockwork with internal or external support?

Reflash with the opposite and backups should show up in ROM Manager.

If you only flashed clockwork with ROM Manager, it defaults to internal support. Thus, your backups on your external SD won't show up.

How are you supposed to change to external support? And for that matter, I read on xda that the external sd card can't be used for apps and such, just music, movies, etc.
Sorry if I'm being dumb, I just came over from an OG Droid a week ago and am still learning some things about the G2x.

lindel

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I mainly use the External SD for rom storage, it's where all my music is, and my back ups are saved there. For the most part, the folders on the internal memory and the SD card mirror each other. I flashed the version of cwm with external sd support.

Did they let you use the sd card out of your Droid? If so, then all your old data is still there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC