[PSA] If you're rooted you should read this

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
This is the best way to flash ClockWorkMod on your phone. Yes, you can use ROM Manager, but if you have issues you can't boot into recovery. I'm sure it's being worked on, but for now windows users should follow the steps in THIS thread to get CWM flashed.

Krissy222

May 28, 2011
Visit site
This is the best way to flash ClockWorkMod on your phone. Yes, you can use ROM Manager, but if you have issues you can't boot into recovery. I'm sure it's being worked on, but for now windows users should follow the steps in THIS thread to get CWM flashed.
I'm rooted, and I flashed the Bionix Rom. I know that flashing a custom rom with Rom manager on this particular device has been an issue so as you suggested originally I flashed with Clockwork and have no issues at all about booting into recovery. I'm happy with Bionix but want to try the Ultimate rom. Now that I'm flashed with Clockwork, can I use Rom Manager to flash directly or will it cause issues with Clockwork's recovery img??? Since you last helped me I've done as you suggested and have been reading like crazy, but I have come a long way in a few weeks, just need some advice about Rom manager before I do something dumb. Thanks

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I haven't really used ROM Manager for anything. You can download the ROM's straight to the phone through the browser, then use Root Explorer (or a similar file manager) to move the downloaded file to the root of you SD card. Then boot into recovery manually and flash it that way. After you do the appropriate wipes that is.

Or you can download them to your PC and transfer them to the root of your SD card. That way you won't have to eat away at your data.

So, in short, ROM Manager still isn't ready for us quite yet.

Reactions: Krissy222

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac