[Help] Rooted G2x < First time

Pear

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Okay hello guys,

This is my first time I've ever gotten a smartphone, and I wanted to root it. I eventually rooted it with the SuperOneClick program, and I noticed sometimes the phone automatically shuts off. After a few days, I notice the battery runs out faster. I clicked on SuperOneClick again to un-root my G2x, and I un-rooted it. I noticed it still had the same affects as if it were rooted. It also blocks updates from coming in. My current version of the G2x is 2.2.2.

If anyone has a fix to this, or can convince me to root my phone again, please post a comment below!

Thank you!

r3g

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
google is your friend. the bad battery life and random shut off/reboots are a known issue due to had battery drivers and a bugs in the kernel. it will be fixed upon the first OTA update.

Pear

May 18, 2011
Visit site
The thing is, there was an update today, and when I checked my phone it's telling me I have the latest version when it's 2.2.2

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Rooting will have absolutely no affect on battery life or reboots, freezes, lockups, or general wonkyness.

That depends on the ROM and kernel. If all you do is root to use certain root-only apps everything will work exactly like stock does. Word on the street (just a rumor of course) is that LG is aware of some of these bugs and will be issuing an OTA to fix them.

Also keep in mind that if you root you shouldn't take any OTA's and should wait for a custom ROM to incorporate the OTA.

I'm rooted and even ROM's based on the Gingerbread leak have some of the same issues as 2.2.2.

r3g

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
The thing is, there was an update today, and when I checked my phone it's telling me I have the latest version when it's 2.2.2

2.2.2 is the most current official ROM. There has not been an OTA update yet.

cathy.sanders

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Rooting will have absolutely no affect on battery life or reboots, freezes, lockups, or general wonkyness.

That depends on the ROM and kernel. If all you do is root to use certain root-only apps everything will work exactly like stock does. Word on the street (just a rumor of course) is that LG is aware of some of these bugs and will be issuing an OTA to fix them.

Also keep in mind that if you root you shouldn't take any OTA's and should wait for a custom ROM to incorporate the OTA.

I'm rooted and even ROM's based on the Gingerbread leak have some of the same issues as 2.2.2.
I was having major reboot problems so I decided to root my phone. Doing the root and applying the Bionix2 ROM took away the reboot issues. I haven't had any since.

rizzman

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Totally noob question.....do you have to flash a rom if you root your phone? I was just wondering seeing I just want to get rid of some of the bloatware on the device but wont do it if I have to flash a rom in. I am a bit worried about flashing seeing I am only a month new to android and do not want to mess up the device seeing I do not have those problems I keep hearing about with the G2X. (knock on wood)

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Totally noob question.....do you have to flash a rom if you root your phone? I was just wondering seeing I just want to get rid of some of the bloatware on the device but wont do it if I have to flash a rom in. I am a bit worried about flashing seeing I am only a month new to android and do not want to mess up the device seeing I do not have those problems I keep hearing about with the G2X. (knock on wood)

No you don't have to flash a rom if you root. There are a lot of people that root specifically to get rid of the bloat.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Jesse_Krebs

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Okay hello guys,

This is my first time I've ever gotten a smartphone, and I wanted to root it. I eventually rooted it with the SuperOneClick program, and I noticed sometimes the phone automatically shuts off. After a few days, I notice the battery runs out faster. I clicked on SuperOneClick again to un-root my G2x, and I un-rooted it. I noticed it still had the same affects as if it were rooted. It also blocks updates from coming in. My current version of the G2x is 2.2.2.

If anyone has a fix to this, or can convince me to root my phone again, please post a comment below!

Thank you!
Me and my wife have rooted G2X's on CM7 RC1 and no longer experience the random reboots and freezing. One thing I do experience is a slight lag when hitting the power button and screen turning on but thats it.

Yell0w

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Me and my wife have rooted G2X's on CM7 RC1 and no longer experience the random reboots and freezing. One thing I do experience is a slight lag when hitting the power button and screen turning on but thats it.

got a couple reboots today and yesterday. and about the slight lag for the screen to show up when pressing the power button, i thought that was only my device since i use SetCPU to slow down the cpu when the screen is off. kinda glad that it's not only me with this issue.