No mobile data with custom rom on unlocked g2x

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I have an unlocked g2x that i have been using on Cincinnati Bell. Everything works good on stock rom. I installed cm7 nightly and cannot get mobile data to work. Checked apn, it is correct. Dialer and sms work but no data connection. figured it was a problem with cyanogenmod so i installed the leaded gingerbread rom and have the same problem. I am thinking it must be a baseband issue but cannot find a updated baseband for g2x anywhere. anyone else had this problem?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
My G2X isn't unlocked, and I'm using it on T-Mobile.

Does it work just fine on a ROM based on Froyo? I'm curious because that would include the stock radio/baseband.

Unfortunately there hasn't been any leaked radios that I've seen for this phone, so you're kinda stuck with what's included in the ROM.

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I dont know but thats a good question. Im downloading eagles blood 1.04 that is based on froyo and ill let you know once i get it installed. Its odd cause the gb based roms work ok i on phones that are on tmobile, i havent confirmed this but have seen alot of posts where people say they do.

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
You were right, eagles blood froyo based room worked. The gb based eagles blood worked for a minute at first them it quit working. Its a shame such a great phone being stuck on group. Any help would be greatly appreciated!]

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
i finally got a gingerbread based rom running with mobile data working. I stumbled upon the fix by accident. Under apns in the settings i put the cincinnati bell apn in, then i started to add a new apn and all i got entered was the first two entries which are apn name and apn. Once i entered the apn (wap.gocbw.com) i noticed the 4g status indicator come on. But if i fill any more of the entries it quits again. wierd but it is working fine. I am running the leaked GB 2.3.3 rom. I did try the same thing on eagles blood gb based rom and it worked on it too, but i still cant get any mobile data on cyanogenmod, which is what i really wanna use. oh well at least im not on froyo anymore. hope this helps anyone else who is having this issue.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
i finally got a gingerbread based rom running with mobile data working. I stumbled upon the fix by accident. Under apns in the settings i put the cincinnati bell apn in, then i started to add a new apn and all i got entered was the first two entries which are apn name and apn. Once i entered the apn (wap.gocbw.com) i noticed the 4g status indicator come on. But if i fill any more of the entries it quits again. wierd but it is working fine. I am running the leaked GB 2.3.3 rom. I did try the same thing on eagles blood gb based rom and it worked on it too, but i still cant get any mobile data on cyanogenmod, which is what i really wanna use. oh well at least im not on froyo anymore. hope this helps anyone else who is having this issue.

Thanks for posting the fix that worked for you.

Maybe the new RC of CM7 will work better.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I figured out the real cause of the no mobile data problem. I have never put anything in the password part of the apn. Appafently u have to put one in for certian roms. I put "password" in as my password and it.has worked with every rom. Ive been using the nightly 59 cm7.]

Jesse_Krebs

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have an unlocked g2x that i have been using on Cincinnati Bell. Everything works good on stock rom. I installed cm7 nightly and cannot get mobile data to work. Checked apn, it is correct. Dialer and sms work but no data connection. figured it was a problem with cyanogenmod so i installed the leaded gingerbread rom and have the same problem. I am thinking it must be a baseband issue but cannot find a updated baseband for g2x anywhere. anyone else had this problem?
I had the same problem with my G2X rooted on CM7 RC1everything was installed and working correctly but NO DATA. What worked for me was replacing my sim card. Apparently my sim was a 2G card that I had for the last 4 years since the G1, TMobile swapped it out to a 3G card which is their latest for free and WHALAAA! Please give it a shot. You must do it at a real TMo store as a agent location will charge you $20 for a new sim card.

gryncc

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
i finally got a gingerbread based rom running with mobile data working. I stumbled upon the fix by accident. Under apns in the settings i put the cincinnati bell apn in, then i started to add a new apn and all i got entered was the first two entries which are apn name and apn. Once i entered the apn (wap.gocbw.com) i noticed the 4g status indicator come on. But if i fill any more of the entries it quits again. Wierd but it is working fine. I am running the leaked gb 2.3.3 rom. I did try the same thing on eagles blood gb based rom and it worked on it too, but i still cant get any mobile data on cyanogenmod, which is what i really wanna use. Oh well at least im not on froyo anymore. Hope this helps anyone else who is having this issue.
what is cin bell setup plzzzzz post:'(

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Just google the apn settings for cin bell. That's exactly what i used, only difference is if it doesnt connect still, put "cbw" in the username spot and " password" in the password spot. Worked for me

J Mack1

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank you thank you thank you! Just saved me boat loads of time and effort. I did the "create a second accnt with the APN", filling in the first two blocks and it worked perfectly. Running Liquid Smooth KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S2X T989D. Y'all are brilliant.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang