CM7.1 RC1 is out

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been using it since last night and it's great. Those of you that were waiting for a stable non-nightly release (like me) will be happy.

I'll post links tonight when I'm on my computer, but those of you that want it know where to get it,and there's a story on the front page with all the links.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Yell0w

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I've been using it since last night and it's great. Those of you that were waiting for a stable non-nightly release (like me) will be happy.

I'll post links tonight when I'm on my computer, but those of you that want it know where to get it,and there's a story on the front page with all the links.

Got it installed 2 nights ago. It's great but I lost some things after wiping and flashing the CM7.1 such as swype, nfs, Nova. Was it the same for you?

Last edited:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes. CM7 is as close to AOSP as it can be. They don't use anything that isn't open source...so that means no Swype and no bloat apps, either.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Loving rc1 lets hope we get source so they can fix the last few bugs and build a proper kernel for this beast

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Loving rc1 lets hope we get source so they can fix the last few bugs and build a proper kernel for this beast

LG it pretty good about releasing source soon after an update drops. So I would expect to see source within a day or two of the release of the GB update.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
So ran this for a few days but sadly I had to switch back to a froyo based rom while very fast ahad to many issues with apn getting deleted and I missed the lg camera.think I'm just going to stuck with group for awhile. I love that the vm can use both cores with gb but I missed having a dependable phone while out and about. Or I may just switch too an lg gingerbread based rom tomorrow

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The LG camera app is nice, but it seems that the CM team has paid some attention to the camera app. It's not as barebones as the AOSP camera app I remember.

I had an APN problem, too, but I manually set them and they stuck. No problems with that since then.

lindel

May 18, 2011
Visit site
The APN issue was a deal breaker for me. I went back to Bionix2. For Yell0w, NFS and Nova only work on Froyo as near as I can tell. I've not been able to get them to work on any GB rom for the G2x as of yet.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I've been running nova2 on gb all the timealrwady beat Nova when I had my d1 and I haven't tried the other two

Yell0w

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
been having reboots today and yesterday. today, i left the underground gym, where there is no signal, and went out to the streets and got back my signal, was typing a message on tweetdeck and then the screen froze and the cyanogen logo came out. didn't really do anything besides update some apps from the market like beejive, battery monitor widget.