PS4 vs. XBOX ONE

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I got Fable 3 for free a couple of weeks ago (haven't played it yet). Assassins Creed II and Halo 3 are supposed to be future ones.

I had all 3 consoles last gen, but got rid of my Wii and just got rid of my PS3 (40GB fat). Never really used my PS3 beyond a BD player, Netflix and a couple of games. I never liked the controller (but did buy a third party xbox-like controller for it).

Now that I'm older I don't game as much so having all 3 consoles isn't worth it, and I'll probably just stick with the 360 for awhile and maybe pick up the One sometime in 2014. I could probably stick with the 360 for a couple of years since I'm so far behind on games, but I know my kid will want the new one. I'd buy a PS4 as well, but it's really not worth $400 to me to be able to play a couple of exclusives (I know there's more than a "couple" but for the amount I game, one console will be plenty).

I pay for Live anyways so don't care that I need it to watch Netflix....besides, I have 2 other devices that stream Netflix to my TV (a Roku box and dedicated BD player) so don't care. I can see why some do though if that's their only device and they don't pay (or don't want to pay) for the multiplayer.

As for Kinect, it makes sense they require you to buy it. That guarantees every Xbox One has it, which reduces fragmentation and will help developers if they want to use it in their games (unlike PS4 developers who will have to program around not everyone having the Eye). It'll just drive games that hopefully will use it for good uses beyond what you typically see. It just stinks that the One will be $100 more, but whatever. I'll have it for years, so $100 spread across 5-10 years isn't that big of a deal to me (assuming it lasts that long....)

I personally like the design...looks like a home theater component for adults, instead of something designed by Playschool, like the current gen systems. Maybe I'm old but I like the look since it doesn't look so much like a toy and will fit in with my receiver and other components.

Do you know if those free games are only for gold members? It seems like they are, even the arcade games they are offering for free. I can understand needing gold to get full games, but why need it for arcade games? That's ridiculous. I guess Microsoft is trying to help justify having to pay to use your console online.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Yea i just heard that defense grid is free right now.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

The good thing about how xbox is doing it is if you stop being a live gold customer u can still keep the games you got for free, can even re-download them

With PSN, once you're not plus, it's over.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
The good thing about how xbox is doing it is if you stop being a live gold customer u can still keep the games you got for free, can even re-download them

With PSN, once you're not plus, it's over.

Although that may be true, I have heard that that xbox gives mediocre games at best for free. Is it true? I'm a bit curious about that.

The angels have the phone box

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Although that may be true, I have heard that that xbox gives mediocre games at best for free. Is it true? I'm a bit curious about that.

The angels have the phone box

Defense grid was a shocker, I didn't think it wold be fun but it's very addicting

Fable 3 I haven't played yet as I don't normally do RPG'S due to turn based combat being so terribly bad

Assassin's creed 2 isn't a bad game at all

Crackdown was a lot of fun!

Dead rising 2 is a lot of fun

I'm hearing halo 3 is coming as well.

Mediocre? Nah, not st all.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Not getting either for at least a year, I'm still very happy with the titles on the current gen

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm going with both but I'm making Xbox One my primary system. At launch alone this is what I'm looking at:

Xbox One
Forza 5
Need for Speed Rivals
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty Ghosts
Killer Instinct
Watch Dogs

PS4
Drive Club
Killzone Shadow Fall

Once all of that us over I will be eagerly awaiting Titanfall. :D

Sent from my Droid Maxx using AC Forums.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I've have a PS4 on pre-order since it was announced. I current have both a PS3 and a 360. I might get the XBone but it won't be for a long time.

Sent from my AT&T Galaxy Note 2 on top of a BeanStalk

John Doe40

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
With all of the backtracking MS did and considering the mandatory Kinect camera (which was almost never used with my Xbox360) I will be going with PS4 - should be a perfect entertainment system for guests and for playing a few console exclusives. Only games I've preordered for PS4 are Killzone/infamous/Knack/Destiny/DriveClub. For everything else - my PC offers much better entertainment value than any of consoles (it is powerful enough to play any current game or any near future game at maximum settings), especially from financial point of view (I've saved a lot of $$$ using Steam Summer Sales, "Humble Bundle" sales or GOG.com sales).

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I hate PC gaming. Yeah I suppose you can do all of this slapdash juryrigging to play PC games on a home theater console couch and a massive HDTV but it's a bandaid operation. Consoles were made for that. I don't want a bunch of PC parts in my home theater

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Dplymkr88#AC

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Yep, but unlike Xbox live its not required for Netflix, etc.

Transmitted through spacetime.

I have to laugh every time I hear a fanboy trumpet this. If you are on AC I'm gong to assume you are tech savvy and probably have at least two other ways to access Netflix. I personally have 4 ways to access Netflix other than my 360. It's not like if you have a ONE you aren't going to be playing online, so why the complaints? Oh yea...

If you like the PS4, enjoy your system but why perpetuate BS? Both systems are going to be great. Pick which one suits you.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I have to laugh every time I hear a fanboy trumpet this. If you are on AC I'm gong to assume you are tech savvy and probably have at least two other ways to access Netflix. I personally have 4 ways to access Netflix other than my 360. It's not like if you have a ONE you aren't going to be playing online, so why the complaints? Oh yea...

If you like the PS4, enjoy your system but why perpetuate BS? Both systems are going to be great. Pick which one suits you.

I hardly play any games on console, so for me its just as much of a bluray, amazon instant video and Netflix player as it is a game console. I play 0 games online and so, if charged a fee for online content, it'd be a tax on media with no upside in multiplayer online play.

I'm hardly a fan boy of Sony, but in this case they're making a better system at a lower price and bundling it with lower ongoing costs (none) for me and a better philosophy on sharing than Microsoft is.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

Dplymkr88#AC

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I hardly play any games on console, so for me its just as much of a bluray, amazon instant video and Netflix player as it is a game console. I play 0 games online and so, if charged a fee for online content, it'd be a tax on media with no upside in multiplayer online play.

I'm hardly a fan boy of Sony, but in this case they're making a better system at a lower price and bundling it with lower ongoing costs (none) for me and a better philosophy on sharing than Microsoft is.

So you're concerned with value, yet you will pay 400 dollars for a console when you could very easily get a smart Blu Ray player and save yourself hundreds of dollars? Interesting.

Sony is making the better system? Good to know. I'll be glad when both systems are out so conversations like this are over.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
So you're concerned with value, yet you will pay 400 dollars for a console when you could very easily get a smart Blu Ray player and save yourself hundreds of dollars? Interesting.

Sony is making the better system? Good to know. I'll be glad when both systems are out so conversations like this are over.

I do play some games on it, just not a lot compared to other gamers I know. With PlayStation I'm paying for exactly what I want, once. With an Xbox I'd be paying $100 more + a couple hundred more over time for the same usage.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Look, if the Xbox is a good value for your usage, great. Not sure why you'd assume I'm wrong about choosing the best value for myself. My way is saving $300-400 and giving me exactly what I want. If I was an online gamer, I'd be saving less but still saving.

Dplymkr88#AC

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I do play some games on it, just not a lot compared to other gamers I know. With PlayStation I'm paying for exactly what I want, once. With an Xbox I'd be paying $100 more + a couple hundred more over time for the same usage.

A little bit more of a reasonable statement then. Saying one is BETTER than the other is a little premature at this point in the game. PS4 fanboys are starting to remind me of Apple fanboys.

Side note, when is Google going to release a console? I'd jump on that in a heartbeat! Freely admit to being a Google fanboy. :)

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
On a side note you can clearly tell which one of these two is a gamer. One is calm and rational and the other appears quite angry and easily agitated. I should take a break from my ps3 :eek:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4