Consoles must continue to succeed

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I've read a few - what I consider to be a little bit click-bait - articles over the last year by tech media writers who forecast doom for console gaming due to the rise of mobile devices and OS's. While I don't believe that to be possible anytime even remotely soon, I feel it's more important to state that I dearly hope it never happens. At least not in Android and iOS's current state of gaming. What I mean by that is the huge proliferation of the "freemium" model used by mobile game developers. You all know how that works so I need not explain what freemium is. Suffice to say, if that gaming business model ever became the norm for mainstream gaming, my gaming devices would all end up being recycled for an e-reader. As non-competitive as this may be for me to say, this is why I don't want projects like Ouya to succeed until the current staus quo changes. Mobile games have come a long way but they also have just as long a way to go to match the kind of quality you get from a console game. This is why I do not subscribe to the argument that paying $65 up front for a console game is the same as paying $0 up front for a mobile game with $65 in-app purchases.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I believe there will always be a strong market for the console game.

Its a stand a lone system that has taken on many faces in recent years from providing internet access, movie experience and much more beyond just gaming.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I believe there will always be a strong market for the console game.

Its a stand a lone system that has taken on many faces in recent years from providing internet access, movie experience and much more beyond just gaming.

I use consoles for this reason. I come home and want simplicity. Xbox One is so awesome for this. I walked into my house and before I was able to settle down from work I said "Xbox On". It turns on and sees me so it logs in. I follow with "Xbox go to Netflix" and then "Watch Breaking Bad". Now I'm winding down and I need to get up and grab something. "Xbox Pause". Come back and say "Xbox Play". Just like that I never used a remote as even my TV and speakers turned on automatically.

PC is great but not simple enough lol.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan