09-19-2015 08:58 AM
43 12
tools
    What do you need in a game . Do you like a game with beautiful graphic , intresting game play or good story
    09-27-2014 04:02 AM
    Depends. Terrible graphics can be a massive turn off no matter how great the graphics are.

When I originally got BioShock Infinite for my PC I didn't look before purchasing it, and when I opened it the graphics reminded me of something from the PS2 era and I immediately regretted my purchase and the game was on my PC for a few more days until I decided to randomly search up reviews for the game online and found that it was released in 2013 and had pretty high ratings!

So I decided to give it another try and went on to the play the game, and I can tell you it was one of the best games I've ever played in my life but if they had worked on the graphics just a little bit more I would've enjoyed it slightly more.

The opinion I had on the game "Okay graphics, great gameplay" was also shared by a lot of my friends who had also played the game.

My honest opinion, I'm okay with graphics as long as they are at a level of PS3 quality or above but if the game has a bad storyline or gameplay, no matter how polished the graphics are no one will care.
    Breaking Brain likes this.
    09-27-2014 04:33 AM
    it's true about mine craft , its graphics is simple but it's still awesome . in my opinion , I think graphics is still importan and I prefer playing a beautiful graphics game than others . Sometimes , I feel like I'm living in another world , everything looks real , it's really awesome .
    09-27-2014 05:11 AM
    it's true about mine craft , its graphics is simple but it's still awesome . in my opinion , I think graphics is still importan and I prefer playing a beautiful graphics game than others . Sometimes , I feel like I'm living in another world , everything looks real , it's really awesome .
    Minecraft has never appealed to me, nor in terms of graphics nor gameplay.

But I do play games that have okay graphics but great gameplay, examples include Unturned and Apocalypse Rising(on ROBLOX).
    09-27-2014 05:50 AM
    I think a good game needs everything, beautiful graphic , intresting gameplay and a good story
    09-27-2014 08:04 AM
    I think a good game needs everything, beautiful graphic , intresting gameplay and a good story
    absolutely , but it seems there's so few game good at all of them
    09-27-2014 10:16 AM
    absolutely , but it seems there's so few game good at all of them
    FarCry 3. Period.
    Breaking Brain likes this.
    09-27-2014 10:44 AM
    FarCry 3. Period.
    it's good game . Like Assassin's Creed IV , awesome
    09-27-2014 01:25 PM
    it's good game . Like Assassin's Creed IV , awesome
    Agreed.

Ubisoft makes some of the most well optimized games with the greatest balance between quality and a good story.

But Watch Dogs was one of their massive failures, terribly optimized and I've heard that the story is okay but not great.
    09-27-2014 02:00 PM
    Agreed.

Ubisoft makes some of the most well optimized games with the greatest balance between quality and a good story.

But Watch Dogs was one of their massive failures, terribly optimized and I've heard that the story is okay but not great.
    Yes , before it's released it had put a lot of hope
    salmanahmad likes this.
    09-27-2014 07:46 PM
    While a great story is the first thing I'm looking for in a game, I'd say it's completely optional. Plenty of really fun, really good looking games out there with irrelevant, forgettable stories. As long as the story is good enough to not be a sore thumb in the experience, it doesn't really matter how well it is crafted.
    The same goes for graphics. They need to serve the purpose, be consistent and supplement the rest of the game (I wouldn't call Minecraft - "pretty", but the graphics serve the purpose really well)
    Gameplay is the most important aspect, all the design choices made to deliver as pleasurable experience as possible to the end user. It doesn't matter if it's an action titles with tons of slick moves or an interactive experience about poetry, gameplay dictates everything and should be fulfilled first in games.
    The best games though, have exceptional polish and balance between gameplay and story/graphics/sound design. It all just flows together.
    10-30-2014 01:30 PM
    Both are a necessity, more gameplay than graphics. But good graphics are needed to get people who are browsing to even look at it.
    11-02-2014 06:42 PM
    Being a Libra, I believe in balance. That being said there should be at a minimum a good balance between graphics and game play... obviously I will prefer if the game has both with a cherry on top. This is a developer decision, great graphics will catch a lot of eyes and downloads by itself but bad performance will turn off many of those (specially with so many low power devices out there). So a good balance should be the best choice.
    11-10-2014 07:00 PM
    For me, the Story is irrelevant, i don`t read the dialogues and if possible skip the cutscenes. Good gameplay ist the most important thing, and if the graphics are great too, that`s even better
    11-11-2014 08:39 AM
    I personally believe bit of both, having said that i seen many game suss when the graphic very good too.
    11-11-2014 05:24 PM
    Definitely gameplay,(I'm NES-generation).
    11-14-2014 05:27 AM
    I saw many great looking games which turned out to be bad, also saw many game that looked terrible but played very well. I think you need some balance there otherwise you will end up with no player or with bad reviews (bad gameplay)
    11-14-2014 10:08 AM
    Gameplay is important. Graphics - as long as it meets some minimum bar. I still like to go back and play games like the original UFO: Enemy Unknown
    11-17-2014 01:39 AM
    Gameplay is always King.

Graphics really depends on the game, some don't need great graphics at all, while in other it's expected.
    11-21-2014 12:12 AM
    Gameplay is the most important part of a game. If the game play is bad, it will annoy me and I won't play the game.
    On the other hand graphics depends on what the aim is. If it's a triple A game, I would expect quality graphics and would be annoyed if I didn't get that. However if the game is meant to have simple graphics, like a lot of Indie games, then I won't mind the lesser graphics as long as the gameplay is there
    11-21-2014 09:36 AM
    Gameplay is most important to me, then graphics. I don't really care about storys since I don't have the time anymore to deeply dive into a game.
    From a developers perspective it's kinda different. You can make an awesome game that looks terrible and no one even bothers to download it and you end up failing. Appealing graphics are kinda important for user aquisition.
    11-24-2014 09:28 AM
    Gameplay first. Graphics are very important to improve the experience. But it's Gameplay that makes a game good or bad.
    11-26-2014 06:21 AM
    Gameplay first of all..

then gameplay

... and then graphics XD
    12-21-2014 08:07 AM
    Gamepad support!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-24-2015 11:46 AM
    Bad graphics can scare some people off, bcuz they may think the game is outdated, you can counter this with a good art style, nintendo is a good example, gameplay makes people actually stay and spread the word though

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-21-2015 08:45 PM
43 12