Video problems with new Samsung Galaxy 5

meijin

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello all! Just joined today and am glad to be here.

I was considering getting an Archos 43 and happened to see the new Samsung Galaxy 5 Player at Best Buy today and went ahead and grabbed it. Anyway, I am having an issue with the video player on here. I connected the device to my laptop and transferred over one AVI file and one FLV file. The FLV file won't play at all. It goes to load and just hangs the Samsung and I have to reboot it. The AVI will play, but if I attempt to stop it or otherwise back out of the player, it hangs and I have to reboot it. Being new to Android devices, I have to ask...should I just ditch the stock player and download something else? If so, can someone recommend the best player to use? I love VLC on my laptop as I have yet to run into anything that it won't play. Is there a VLC quality program out there for Android?

Much thanks, really looking forward to figuring out this new device!

Michael

stanlm2

May 2, 2011
Visit site
on my player 5, i have been using the free mx video player. it works well, remembers where you left off in a movie on its own. i don't know if it's the best though... all my videos are the same format (dvd rips to wmv).

Daimon Walker

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm having a similar issue. Not the same issue but I can't see how to start a new thread using the mobile app for this site.

Anyway, issue is this - some AVI files have stopped being able to playback video. I can hear the sound track to the AVI but no images are presented.

I have tried other players mobo, my player, etc and same out come. To be very clear - these files were working. I was half way through watching an avi.

My set up was as follows:
Samsung tv connected to my home network via cable. Samsung S5 connected to the same network via wireless. I was playing the avi using native video player. Once the avi had started to play I tapped the screen of the s5, selected output source as tv.

Like I say I was using this method when suddenly the two devices complained of no network (network was fine, I had a laptop on the same network at the time that shows no interruption).

Any ideas other than resetting the S5?

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech