5" Galaxy Player Wifi issues

JDWallace

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I searched the Android Central forums and found nothing. My son's 5" Galaxy player connects to WiFi and has a solid connection, but it can't connect to market or the internet or anything needing internet. It says "No Connection" and it gives a "Retry" box. I have restarted the WiFi, rebooted the players and still nothing. Any ideas out there in Android land??

beantown

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I have seen that too at times. I haven't seen it on my Galaxy Player 5" or my Motorola Photon 4G, but I used to see it on my EVO 4G. I would keep tapping the retry button usually that should work. Maybe you can try to forget all wireless networks, and re-input your wireless information again...

JDWallace

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I can tell you what finally worked for me over the weekend. I ended up factory restoring the thing about 4 times. The last time it finally connected. Strange that it took that many times. I still don't think it was the WiFi because I restarted it multiple times before factory resetting the Galaxy Player.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I can tell you what finally worked for me over the weekend. I ended up factory restoring the thing about 4 times. The last time it finally connected. Strange that it took that many times. I still don't think it was the WiFi because I restarted it multiple times before factory resetting the Galaxy Player.

Mine did this a lot too. I factory restored it and it finally worked

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

JDWallace

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
The problem I have is that you shouldn't have to factory restore to get it to reconnect to the Wifi. I am wondering if there is an issue somewhere that they haven't fixed??

Captian4Phones

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
If youre using JuiceDefender that could be causing issues. I also experienced it when i was using a launcher. I dont remember which one but uninstalling didnt help. I ended up having to factory reset.

SGS3, 5-inch SGP, BB9300, and others.

GelliHart

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
If it starts to do it again, do this: Settings.date and time>Set date, okay here you can set to a random date and then reset it to the normal date> back>select time zone, do the same thing>back>set time, usually the time is messed up so just set the time. Had to do this a number of times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674