Android mini PC Newbie MK-808 vs MK-809 or GK 802 Quadcore

waynezo

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
hello I'm new to mini PC. will I be able to control it with my Android Ice Cream Sandwich phone? I'm planning on getting an Ethernet to USB adapter and tapping into my home theater Network will I be able to play M2TS files?
this review favors the MK 808 is it accurate?

Benchmarking the GK802 vs MK808 - YouTube

I don't really want to spend the extra money for the quad core anyway
any advice would be greatly appreciated

Aleksey Olechnovic

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello Waynezo,
If you are really new to Android Gadgets staff, my advice would be you purchase MK808 as MK808 is getting more and more popular in the UK because XAF XBMC built performs great on that device (XBMC builts here), furthermore it is possible to boost up MK808 from 1.6 Ghz up to 2 Ghz. Never have done this as yet, but will try soon.
What is regarding the Quad Core GK802 model it is still very soft, however this device is very useful for developers as rooted and it is possible to install lynux OS on it.
Aleksej

Aleksey Olechnovic

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
You are able to control MK809 device with your phone and if you install the MX Player on MK809, which you can easily get from Google Store, you will be able to play M2TS nad many other formats files.

To buy MK809 device and much more others for lowest price in the European Market please follow this link - www.androidgadget.co.uk

Patrick Bilbrey

May 4, 2013
Visit site
hello I'm new to mini PC. will I be able to control it with my Android Ice Cream Sandwich phone? I'm planning on getting an Ethernet to USB adapter and tapping into my home theater Network will I be able to play M2TS files?
this review favors the MK 808 is it accurate?

Benchmarking the GK802 vs MK808 - YouTube

I don't really want to spend the extra money for the quad core anyway
any advice would be greatly appreciated

I have an MK 808b and i dont have an answer to controlling it with a phone although some mini pc's come with a remote. but ii use a wireless mouse and keyboard both plugged into a 4 port usb hub and also a web cam. I can controll XBMC through my phone with the XBMC app. Why i like the MK 808b : It's rooted, Bluetooth, doesn't over heat, solid performance and i use this as my home theater. and it's mobile. Jelly Bean operating system.