MicroSD doesn't work :(

Jakub Vantroba

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

so there's this problem with my phone/MicroSD...
I own a Huawei Ideos X3 and the card is 16GB Class 6 if it matters.

Today the card simply stopped working I looked at my phone and none of the apps installed on the card opens,
File Manager says there is no SD Card inserted, same when I go to Storage options, it simply doesn't recognize.
As I put the card in nothing happens.
I have connected the phone via USB to the comp but after I activate USB Mass Storage it only shows up internal memory.
Another thing to notice is that the SD Card slot is overheating like a pig!
I did let the phone cool up.. put out the Card and wait.. I also restarted the phone several times and let it off for half an hour.
After putting the card back in again and starting the phone it went hot like hell after some minutes!
Taking out the card and touching it did really hurt! It was that hot.
I have music, movies, games and Audible on that phone,
I can't do anything with that cheap Ideos X3, would be much easier having a Note 2!
So guys I'm going to try the card on a friend's phone if it's the card's problem..

If the card works, can I do anything else about it?
And if it doesn't what can I do then?
Is there ANYTHING I can do about it?

Thanks for reading
JackGrande

Last edited:

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
it sounds like the phone is at fault. now is the card damaged? i would not trust the phone if its overheating and i would not put card back in phone. whats left? replace phone.

Jakub Vantroba

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Ok thank you.. I'm going to replace the phone.. again! It's the second time I replace it since I bought it in 02.2012.. goddamit!
I'm never going to buy a Huawei again..

Now I tryed the card in my friend's phone and it doesn't show up same as on my phone.. or another friend's phone tells with blinking "Damaged Card"...
Both phones say that there's no card when I go to Settings-Storage
I also tryed their cards in my phone but none of them doesn't even show up.

What the **** should I do now?
Also buy a new card? I bought this one in another country so no replacement possible..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci