I have been with Verizon for years. I switched after I got sick of my blackberry and Sprint. I have an ailing Iphone 4 and after reading about all the Iphone 5s horror stories (Messed up sensors, crashing, etc), I have strongly considered one of the androids. I went as far as buying an LG G2 last week and after playing around with it for a few days returned it, determined my issues with it outweighed the amazing camera and great processing power. It was just too big and too complicated. I am not new to tech, just new to android and don't need the greatest or most expensive. I will never root or put new roms on a phone. I don't have giant hands and I have been used to the pocketability and ease of use I had with the older Iphone. I don't need dozens of things going on on the screens, I really could not cope with a really busy UI and don't want to dedicate weeks to learn the intricate ins and outs of a Samsung Galaxy S4 or something like that. I want to give an android a chance and I have read about and played with several in the store. I am a research freak and I have read about bugs and issues with everything so I am really looking for honest opinions here.
    I value a good camera, good, smooth, non-laggy processing, as clean an Android experience as possible, the battery lasting 8 hours or so, and a model that won't be abandoned immediately by the manufacturer (I hear HTC is notorious for this). I have strongly considered the MOTO X, I am aware the new Verizon update is not out yet, I see and hear the camera is not amazing, but supposedly the update makes it slightly better. I have considered the HTC One also and hear that the camera is decent but I don't know if it is that much lighter or smaller than the G2. I have even considered a Windows phone but I am reliant on Google stuff and I don't think there is any real way to utiliize Gmail, etc in a decent form on a Lumia 928.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    10-11-2013 04:29 PM
    I have been with Verizon for years. I switched after I got sick of my blackberry and Sprint. I have an ailing Iphone 4 and after reading about all the Iphone 5s horror stories (Messed up sensors, crashing, etc), I have strongly considered one of the androids. I went as far as buying an LG G2 last week and after playing around with it for a few days returned it, determined my issues with it outweighed the amazing camera and great processing power. It was just too big and too complicated. I am not new to tech, just new to android and don't need the greatest or most expensive. I will never root or put new roms on a phone. I don't have giant hands and I have been used to the pocketability and ease of use I had with the older Iphone. I don't need dozens of things going on on the screens, I really could not cope with a really busy UI and don't want to dedicate weeks to learn the intricate ins and outs of a Samsung Galaxy S4 or something like that. I want to give an android a chance and I have read about and played with several in the store. I am a research freak and I have read about bugs and issues with everything so I am really looking for honest opinions here.
    I value a good camera, good, smooth, non-laggy processing, as clean an Android experience as possible, the battery lasting 8 hours or so, and a model that won't be abandoned immediately by the manufacturer (I hear HTC is notorious for this). I have strongly considered the MOTO X, I am aware the new Verizon update is not out yet, I see and hear the camera is not amazing, but supposedly the update makes it slightly better. I have considered the HTC One also and hear that the camera is decent but I don't know if it is that much lighter or smaller than the G2. I have even considered a Windows phone but I am reliant on Google stuff and I don't think there is any real way to utiliize Gmail, etc in a decent form on a Lumia 928.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Really sounds like you would love pure vanilla android (nexus or GPE phones)
    I am the same as you. I dont like it busy, I want it simple and elegant with features and new technology.
    The new nexus 5 is coming very soon (possibly oct 15th) but no one knows if its coming to verizon (Gnex was a disaster)
    10-11-2013 04:45 PM