Dell Venue 8

Eion

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
My new Android powered Dell Venue 8 32GB showed up yesterday. I'm amazed how good this little tablet is! Quick and snappy I through Nova Launcher on it to configure it to my liking.
Very pleased with the purchase :)

Jay Sloan

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Placed an order for the Venue 8 - 16gb in Red for my son's b-day about two weeks ago. Got an email from Dell yesterday telling me it was delayed until the 25th of November, originally given the 8th as the date. Very disappointed as now it is schedule to arrive (fingers crossed) 4 days after his b-day :(. Should I just order him the Nexus7?

Posted via Android Central App

Eion

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Jay, I ordered mine on Oct 19th. Original ship date was Oct 28th, then 30th, Nov 2nd, Nov 4th then finally got an email saying Nov 22nd. Without notice I just checked my tracking info and it said the packaged shipped and would be at my door Nov 8th. I was confused but excited haha. So keep checking the tracking number Dell gave you, yours may ship early as well!

Jay Sloan

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply and including the details of your order. Gives me a little hope that it will be here in time for his b-day!

Posted via Android Central App

Eion

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Here are some pics for those interested:

Attachments

• dell.jpg
    dell.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 37
  • dell2.jpg
    dell2.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 33
  • dell3.jpg
    dell3.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 30
  • dell7.jpg
    dell7.jpg
    743.6 KB · Views: 35

Eion

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
How's the build quality of the device? Does it feel flimsy? Also, how's the battery life?

Cheers,
deltatux

It's solid, I honestly enjoy the feel of it. The back is a soft rubber material. Battery life has been good! Again, surprised me.

Empty J

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Do you have one and it's not there? I'll look when I get home from work. I still need to post the video in this thread.

Correct, the setting is no where to be found. I'm befuddled.

Edit: "Users" is missing under the "Device" category.
Screenshot_2013-11-21-14-41-33.jpg

Last edited:

astral_dee_015

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I really want to snag the BF $129 deal for the 16GB model, but I am concerned about the level of support that Dell and the developer community will provide.

So far, I have seen a few sites reporting that Dell have said they will update to KitKat, but no concrete evidence as such. Also, I haven't been able to find any successful rooting guide. If it possible to root the device, then it might be possible to re-enable the missing multi-user option as well.

robsheer

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm sooooo glad I found this thread. I was just about to purchase the Dell Venue 8 Android version, but I decided to confirm that it had multi-user accounts enabled within the Android OS, since this is my biggest disappointment with my Samsung Tab 2. I'm not able to share it with my family and the only way to log out of gmail is to completely delete my account within the tablet. Ridiculous. I will not be buying this Dell Venue tablet until they enable this built-in feature in Jelly Bean 4.2.2. Thanks for the heads up.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't look to be a bad device at all but I wonder if the Nexus 7 would be an all around safer bet. Accessories (cases, screen protectors), updates, performance.

OptimuS G Pro

jlg234

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
just received a software update a couple of days ago for my 32 gig Dell Venue 8 Android from 4.2.2 to 4.3 and guess what showed up.

Multi User profile support.

magnus117

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm still deciding between a Dell Venue 8 and the newly announced Acer Iconia A1-830. I'm going to use this tablet primarily for PDF files (O'reilly books), so Acer's 4:3 format will come in handy. On the other hand , Dell's 2GB ram and higher resolution are very enticing. Can anyone tell me how pdf books look with this device? Thanks.

johna2u

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm strongly considering a Dell Venue 8 as well. I picked up a Le Pan mini for 129.00 at Christmas and am very happy with it. Quad core, 4:3 ratio, extremely light thin and responsive. My only complaint would be the typical tinny tablet speaker. I've heard conflicting opinions on the dell speaker. Any opinions on that?

I'm keeping the mini but just might add the dell to my stack.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A

johna2u

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Dell. So far I'd highly recommend it. Very fast, bright clear crisp screen. No touch screen issues. It is very responsive. Very strong WiFi and a loud clear speaker.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513