Problems receiving pictures: Gray square with Orange Triangle

MsAdrianaNoelle

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Lately, if I receive a picture from somebody else, I will get a gray square with an orange triangle and exclamation mark inside of it. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does happen, it continues for more than 39 minutes.

I have cleared my cache, restarted the phone and even taken out the battery for more than 30 seconds. Anybody else have this issue and a way to fix it?

Please help!

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Michael Nancarrow

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps it isn't an issue with your storage, perhaps the data connection. When you receive the E-Mails, do you have a Mobile Data Connection/WiFi connection to download the content, and are you using the stock SMS client?

I know I had trouble once downloading MMS messages, so then I re-configured my settings for my Mobile Data and since then I haven't had an issue. Just a non-technical thought.

MsAdrianaNoelle

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I receive the picture right away and there's never been an issue with receiving picture messages until recently. Never noticed a problem until this kitkat update

Michael Nancarrow

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I receive the picture right away and there's never been an issue with receiving picture messages until recently. Never noticed a problem until this kitkat update

Then that there may be your culprit. I honestly don't see any other issue then- the data is there, and all was previously working. Try a custom SMS client?