how do i fix my app shortcuts disappearing from my homescreen

eddiebhoy

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a android replica of the Samsung galaxy s4 , each time I fill my homescreen with shortcuts to apps I like to use on my homescreen , wether its rebooting phone or turning it off then on again , the shortcuts just disappear from my homescreen , I mean when I put them on the phones homescreen , if I don't turn my phone off or reboot it they stay where they are , your help would be deeply appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So they disappear even if you just turn off the screen (i.e., put the phone to sleep, not power off completely)? It sounds like it's an issue with the system software, which isn't entirely surprising since it's a clone.

You could try booting into Recovery and wiping the cache partition, but I can't guarantee that will work since it's a clone: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support

Another thing to consider is to install an alternative launcher like Nova, and see if that works better for you.

eddiebhoy

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
When I hold the three keys all that appears on the screen is : select boot mode : volume up volume down.
Recovery mode
fastboot mode
Normal mode
Is there any one of those I choose? , as that's all that is there to choose from.

eddiebhoy

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
oh my bad when I pressed the power key a little android robot icon with a red triangle on its belly appeared then I pressed power again and got these options : reboot system now
apply update from adb
apply update from sd card
apply update from cache
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
backup user data
restore user data
B DIDDY , apart from doing the wipe the cache partition is there anything else out of those option I would also want to do . ty

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781