Asus Chromebook Flip to Replace an Android Tablet?

anon(5519702)

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,
My daughters tablet (Tesco Hudl2) has died and I am investigating replacement options.

1 option is for her to inherit my nexus 9 and me to replace the Nexus with an Asus Chromebook Flip. Would this be an upgrade, or simply not a viable option as a replacement device?

By the way, I am thinking in advance with Android apps being available on Chromebooks later in the year.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Steve

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think it's still too early to make a judgment. On paper, it sounds great to be able to use Android apps on a Chromebook, but I'd wait to see how universal the app compatibility will be, and what kinds of limitations might pop up. Or maybe some apps won't perform as well on a Chromebook.

What do you use your Nexus 9 for? If it's mostly web-based activity (like web browsing, social media), productivity, and media consumption, then even without the Android app capability, a Chromebook would most likely work very well for you. One of the main Chromebook weaknesses is gaming (which is where Android apps could really expand their appeal).