Problems with lg optimus m android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly.

Fa1lenAngel

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys im really new at this so dont blame me for putting this in the wrong thread i just want to get this over with. I have a rooted phone and i regret it right now. Whenever i download ANYTHING it says android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly please try again. I think "superuser" might be the problem. so i tried downloading root manager, an app that can remove any app but i cant download it cause i cant even go on the marketplace without it saying that message. i wiped it out the phone and superuser is still there. Any way to fix this problem? i would really appreciate it :)

pablob

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on my optimus c. I rooted it the other night using gingerbreak 1.2 then used titiumbackup to remove a bunch of stuff. Tried downloading some new stuff using market and was not able to download anything. I found 2 apk's for market(2.3.6 and 2.2.6) online so I uninstalled market and reinstalled using both of these. I still have the same issue. I tried wiping all the data as I read in a couple of posts that this sometimes works but didnt work for me. I dont want to hear my wife say that she told me I should've just left well enough alone:). Please help. Detailed step by step instructions is what I need.

pablob

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on my optimus c. I rooted it the other night using gingerbreak 1.2 then used titiumbackup to remove a bunch of stuff. Tried downloading some new stuff using market and was not able to download anything. I found 2 apk's for market(2.3.6 and 2.2.6) online so I uninstalled market and reinstalled using both of these. I still have the same issue. I tried wiping all the data as I read in a couple of posts that this sometimes works but didnt work for me. I dont want to hear my wife say that she told me I should've just left well enough alone:). Please help. Detailed step by step instructions is what I need.
I know other people have had this issue and were able to resolve. Please post resolution.

nickstud#AC

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Problems with lg optimus m android.process.media has stopped

The root of this problem is the process android.process.media is the one responsible for reading your sd card. I got this after I had my phone plugged into my computer and I disconnected it while it was in the middle of communicating with the card. Some information on the card got corrupted.

Every time I opened up anything that accessed media from the sd card (camera, market, gallery, music) I would get a Force Close.

SOLUTION:
I plugged the phone into my computer, backed up all the stuff off my SD card to my computer.
Then on the phone went to: Settings>>Storage>>Erase SD card

note: most of your programs will still work. Some of the programs you had on your SD (if you previously Moved them to the SD) will need to be copied back to the phone.

I then copied back all the stuff I backed up back to the phone's SD card.

Good to go!!!

My Phone: Rooted EVO running Cyanogen Mod.

seralex

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Problems with lg optimus m android.process.media has stopped

meu net/tab ta travado ,o robozinho da android travou na tela inicial
: Cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463