Verizon Messaging+ Update

anon(8852788)

Apr 3, 2020
Visit site
Just updated and switched to the dark theme from my custom one and now every damn time I open messaging to check or send a text, I get a stupid full white screen informing me that I am, in fact, using Messaging+ from Verizon. I actually like the update aside from that, but it is annoying enough that I turned it off and went back to my custom dark theme.

It is absolutely pointless, so unless you need to be reminded every time, you may not want to do the dark theme on this latest update.

Still on a v20 with android 8.0 so I do not have a full dark theme capable device btw

Next device has to be unlocked...

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I liked Messages+ which is kind of blasphemous for me to say considering my feelings about just about everything else Verizon. Whenever they do something good they just have to ruin it by doing something stupid. VZ Navigator was a premium app when it launched. Being a paid app when Google and Apple were both giving it away was a bit of a stretch but it was good so I really didn't mind that much. Then they started putting ads in it, something that free apps did to supplement the fact that they were free. I wouldn't have expected such an action from an app that you never stop paying for with a monthly subscription rate. Anyway at that point it might as well have been a free app so I dropped it for one. While this isn't quite that extreme it does seem silly to have such a splash screen when you've obviously chosen to use the dark mode. One would think that they would have two splash screens since they are offering two modes... Too much to ask I guess. Perhaps they will correct this at a later time, I wouldn't hold my breath but it's always possible. Having a dark mode capable device probably wouldn't change this, just blind you in the middle of the night. Hahaha

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I liked Messages+ which is kind of blasphemous for me to say considering my feelings about just about everything else Verizon. Whenever they do something good they just have to ruin it by doing something stupid. VZ Navigator was a premium app when it launched. Being a paid app when Google and Apple were both giving it away was a bit of a stretch but it was good so I really didn't mind that much. Then they started putting ads in it, something that free apps did to supplement the fact that they were free. I wouldn't have expected such an action from an app that you never stop paying for with a monthly subscription rate. Anyway at that point it might as well have been a free app so I dropped it for one. While this isn't quite that extreme it does seem silly to have such a splash screen when you've obviously chosen to use the dark mode. One would think that they would have two splash screens since they are offering two modes... Too much to ask I guess. Perhaps they will correct this at a later time, I wouldn't hold my breath but it's always possible. Having a dark mode capable device probably wouldn't change this, just blind you in the middle of the night. Hahaha
I believe they canceled their account

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
so have a quick question about Verizon's Messages+ as have been a happy user of it for the last couple years. Then found out they had a desktop version and got happier! Last update though just gives a white screen nothing else and it doesn't change. Anyone else have this problem? Oh, it's a Mac desktop. Thanks in advance for any assistance! Peace
I've never used the desktop companion but since it's a Verizon product I would imagine that they'd have a version for Mac. I think you can access features from Verizon wireless dot com in your account. I'm on my phone right now or I'd check to say for sure.

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Mustang7757 and VidJunky: thanks guys! Appreciate you both... yeah Me thinks VZW's desktop version for Messages+ is just junk whatever OS is used. I'd been using it for a year and it was buggy and this last update killed it... oh well. Not a biggy.
Stay healthy! Peace

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Mustang7757 and VidJunky: thanks guys! Appreciate you both... yeah Me thinks VZW's desktop version for Messages+ is just junk whatever OS is used. I'd been using it for a year and it was buggy and this last update killed it... oh well. Not a biggy.
Stay healthy! Peace
Which phone you have ? Maybe make a thread in that forum see any members on Verizon could help out. Your welcome!