I have always had verizon branded phones. If I buy an unlocked note 10 plus from best buy to use on verizon do I loose any features? I seem to remember reading some where, maybe the forums on the verizon site where someone said they lost wifi calling and visual voice mail getting an locked phone. Is it better to get unlocked so it doesn't come with extra stuff from verizon you can't uninstall. The visual voice mail I use and have had to use wifi calling a few times so would want those features. Mary
    06-22-2020 03:48 AM
    Pretty simple here, while Verizon has Voice over LTE, they don't have it ​everywhere. So, you will lose voice in areas without LTE coverage and Verizon's 3G network is CDMA, still, and would limit your coverage in those areas. Text, if I recall, is also over the CDMA system, unless that changed and I was unaware. I'm sure someone has more information to add to this.
    aximtreo likes this.
    06-22-2020 04:14 AM
    @Mike Dee might be able to tell you what you lose.
    06-22-2020 10:39 AM
    Ok then maybe I will stick with Verizon branded to make sure. Don't get a ton of calls but like having the voicemail right on my home screen to listen too. I have used the Wi-Fi calling in Canada but now we get unlimited calling and texting over there.
    06-22-2020 11:46 AM
    Ok then maybe I will stick with Verizon branded to make sure. Don't get a ton of calls but like having the voicemail right on my home screen to listen too. I have used the Wi-Fi calling in Canada but now we get unlimited calling and texting over there.
    Yeah you lose some features, but I don't remember if Verizon unlocked model took them out... Either way you go can always flash carrier version or unlocked on your phone.
    06-22-2020 11:48 AM
    Ok thanks. Think I will stick with Verizon then. Have been going back and forth between the plus or the S20 ultra. Finally was able to look at them in person yesterday and the ultra was just too big and bulky. I like a large screen phone but found it too thick and the plus felt better in my hands. I pretty much use my phone and tablet for everything instead of a computer. I currently use the LG G6 but don't like the newer LG phones. I have no use for a case with a 2nd screen. Stupid gimmick if you ask me. Mary
    mustang7757 likes this.
    06-22-2020 12:16 PM
    Ok thanks. Think I will stick with Verizon then. Have been going back and forth between the plus or the S20 ultra. Finally was able to look at them in person yesterday and the ultra was just too big and bulky. I like a large screen phone but found it too thick and the plus felt better in my hands. I pretty much use my phone and tablet for everything instead of a computer. I currently use the LG G6 but don't like the newer LG phones. I have no use for a case with a 2nd screen. Stupid gimmick if you ask me. Mary
    Your welcome!

Enjoy your new phone when u get it.
    06-22-2020 12:22 PM
    I once used an unlocked phone with Verizon, the Razer Phone 2. I lost Wi-Fi calling and video calling, the included Google phone app was able to work like visual voicemail, and the My Verizon app wouldn't remain signed in or respect the biometric log in setting.

As for coverage, Verizon is pretty much everywhere and their CDMA is going away fairly soon. I'm a trucker and never had a signal issue with the RP2. In fact, it had a better radio setup than the Verizon branded LG V20 I came from, so my overall network usability actually increased.

In the end, I've decided to stick with Verizon branded phones. I need Wi-Fi calling at home, so that was the biggest deciding factor. The other hampering quirks just sealed the deal for me.
    06-22-2020 02:43 PM
    Thanks. I bought a verizon one. They didn't have any unlocked ones in store.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    06-22-2020 04:24 PM
    Thanks. I bought a verizon one. They didn't have any unlocked ones in store.
    Congrats
    06-22-2020 05:30 PM
    I forgot to say. The women that waited on me said I wouldn't loose any Verizon features on unlocked. I would have checked right after she activated to make sure if I had got one.
    06-23-2020 12:11 AM
    I forgot to say. The women that waited on me said I wouldn't loose any Verizon features on unlocked. I would have checked right after she activated to make sure if I had got one.
    Yeah true .
    06-23-2020 01:12 AM
    Do you need wifi calling at home because of the poor signal?
    If so, Verizon will send you an extender for free as long as you use their service.
    I once used an unlocked phone with Verizon, the Razer Phone 2. I lost Wi-Fi calling and video calling, the included Google phone app was able to work like visual voicemail, and the My Verizon app wouldn't remain signed in or respect the biometric log in setting.

As for coverage, Verizon is pretty much everywhere and their CDMA is going away fairly soon. I'm a trucker and never had a signal issue with the RP2. In fact, it had a better radio setup than the Verizon branded LG V20 I came from, so my overall network usability actually increased.

In the end, I've decided to stick with Verizon branded phones. I need Wi-Fi calling at home, so that was the biggest deciding factor. The other hampering quirks just sealed the deal for me.
    06-25-2020 02:05 AM
    No I don't need wifi calling at home, excellent signal in my area. I was staying in Canada and I needed it at the hotel. At that time we didn't have their unlimited plan that included Canada. We have now switched and get unlimited calling and texting in Canada. Since we go over a lot now I won't worry un case we break down.
    06-25-2020 09:47 AM
    You got a Note 10+ from Verizon? I tried looking at their website and they are out of stock on all colors for N10+ and 5G version. Maybe I should just go in store...
    06-29-2020 11:08 AM
    I got my phone from best buy but bought a Verizon phone, not unlocked. I never buy from a Verizon store as best buy is cheaper. I got the 4g one. We have 5g included in our plan but I didn't feel the need to spend more on that model especially since I probably won't be traveling anywhere until next year. I got the blue and they had it in store.

Had to do the payments because the cash price was $999 but then after a week I just pay it off the bill. Wish you could just pay that price in cash in the first place. I looked in the my verizon app and the 4g one is $10 more a month compared to best buy. I didnt want to trade it in at best buy because I have no other phone so old LG will be a back up. Last month best buy was giving the free wireless charger with it but I hadn't made up my mind yet and they were only doing curbside pick up at that time.

I also got the blue flip case in the store. Figure that would do until I can get something better. So far I like it. Havent been out to use the camera yet. I shoot with a Canon 80D so hopefully this will be decent if I don't want to lug camera equipment. I did like some things about the S20 Ultra but was too bulky in my hands. For the money and the reviews showing camera flaws didnt think it was worth it for me at this time.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=7j1gAoN0

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=V2je0Ywx
    06-29-2020 12:11 PM